Lenovo goes all in for Linux, certifying Red Hat and Ubuntu for all its workstations WRAL Tech Wire
Performing Automated Server Installs With Ubuntu 20.04 LTS phoronix.com
Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Review: The Most Complete OS For Everyone Fossbytes
I just can’t get Grub working ! Grub is not even showing up (screen keeps black and nothing happens). I was able to start the system with super grub and I changed this in /etc/default/grub : GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”quiet splash nomodeset keyboard-configuration/layoutcode=fr keyboard-configuration/variantcode=oss” GRUB_TERMINAL=console update-grub runs without reporting any errors. I also […]
With recent updates of Firefox (78) and Thunderbird (68.8) all menus have vanished from the system default place for menus. The menus should show in the menu bar (top of the screen) or in the window’s title bar, according to the users system settings. But now there are only 2 […]
I have signed in to Genymotion website, downloaded the installation binary from funzone and installed it. Signed into the application with same credentials and created an Android appliance. When I try to start the Android device, a new Genymotion window is launched asking me to login again, instead of launching […]
sudo dpkg -i mysql-workbench-community_8.0.20-1ubuntu20.04_amd64.deb I am using above command to install mysql workbench but i am constantly getting these error Selecting previously unselected package mysql-workbench-community. (Reading database … 221700 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack mysql-workbench-community_8.0.20-1ubuntu20.04_amd64.deb … Unpacking mysql-workbench-community (8.0.20-1ubuntu20.04) … dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-workbench-community: […]
I am attempting to run Zoom conference client on Raspberry PI 3. But having no success. Have anyone tried to run zoom.us client on Raspberry PI? If you do please share.
I have been using Ubuntu 16.04 for a long time on my Toshiba Satellite P850-31m laptop. I was able to connect to wifi properly, but I had problems when starting and decided to format and install OS, but now Ubuntu 16.04.3. Everything is working very well but the wifi. I […]
I’m trying to play a game on Virtualbox that needs 512MB of video memory. So as suggested here I shut the virtualbox down and tried to increase the memory to 512MB using this command: VBoxManage modifyvm “win7” –vram 512 But I get this error error: Invalid VRAM size: 512 MB […]
I just had the problem where gvfsd-smb-browse starts taking up the whole cpu and needs to be killed. Searching the Internet I see this is not uncommon, and there doesn’t seem to be a general solution. As I do not use samba I would like to just remove gvfsd-smb-browse; but […]
My UBUNTU (desktop part) does not boot completely because of low disk space; I logged in to terminal using my username and password, try to copy some file from /home/UserName/Desktop to my external hard disk by /media/HD-LBU3 address. I tried this command: sudo cp -b /home/UserName/Desktop/APLC* /media/HD-LBU3 this command does […]
My understanding is that yum, and the rpm system, is only useful on distributions such as Red Hat, Fedora and CentOS. I thought that Ubuntu, as a Debian based system, had no use for yum. So I was surprised to find yum in the (universe section of) the official Ubuntu […]
We only have each other – the psychology behind not wearing a mask CapeTalk
I have ubuntu installed on a drive. I shrinked the partition and is there a way to install windows 7 on that space? The win 7 installer tells me that I need to format the drive, is there a way? submitted by /u/szym0 [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/leonerdo_ [link] [comments]
Morning from a rainy England I occasionally download bank statements. I would like to quickly and easily encrypt them – with a common password. (in other words I would like the same password to be automatically entered by the program whenever I use it to encrypt). Best of all would […]
I’ve noticed that the PASS_MIN_LEN is missing from the password aging controls section inside /etc/login.defs (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS). At the end of the file there is a note that it’s obsolete, alongside other options, and someone needs to edit the appropriate file in /etc/pam.d directory. ################# OBSOLETED BY PAM ############## […]
I’m trying to scan a document with a Epson ET-2750-Scanner using xsane. I always get the errorcode: “Invalid argument”. Printing with the ET-2750 works fine, just scanning doesn’t. I’ve tried connecting it over USB or Wifi, it doesn’t make a difference. xsane finds the printer: But it can’t scan: What […]
The title isn’t too specific and I’m sorry about that. The problem I’m facing here is that I used a script to change my login screen background to an image because it was just solid purple before. However, for some reason the image stretches across my 2 monitors. I always […]
I have an ssh server running with ubuntu 18.04. It is online for about a week now. Yesterday I found out that ssh servers get attacked every single minute 🙁 Now i’ve enabled fail2ban and I have a very strong root and a very strong user password. But of course, […]
(Linux noob here running Lubuntu 18.04.4 LTS 32-bit) My laptop is an old HP Presario V3000. It ran Windows 7 for all its life except the last week after I installed Lubuntu on it. It feels very responsive. Yesterday, I accidentally swiped up using 2 fingers and noticed the page […]
i try to execute a code.elf by qemu (i cross compile riscv-32) but i got this error: [email protected]:~/ismail/hello_world/baremetal-riscv-qemu-virtio-master/uart$ /opt/qemu-riscv/bin/qemu-system-riscv32 -kernel code.elf qemu-system-riscv32: Unable to load the RISC-V firmware “opensbi-riscv32-spike-fw_jump.elf” I check this directory qemu/pc-bios/ but i didn’t find opensbi-riscv32-spike-fw_jump.elf
E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file. N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details. please help me to solve this issue
I’m trying to set up a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with the Zoom Video Conference System. But i totally fail. Any thoughts how to accomplice that? Thanks!
I installed Zoom on Ubuntu 17.10 (64bit version). The installation seemed successful. However, every time I launch the program: My internet browser (Chrome or Firefox) stop working (pages are not loading) My computer becomes slow at responding I quit Zoom, but the problem persists Eventually, my computer completely freezes. And […]
Just recently Zoom conference is offering to install their program on Ubuntu, but I am not able to make it work. I went here to download the .deb file from https://zoom.us/download to install it via the software center. The installation goes really fast, probably too fast and then when starting […]
submitted by /u/Bro666 [link] [comments]
I recently bought myself an external touch pad (Silvergear Wirless Touchpad) for my desktop. This touchpad is currently working fine and recognized as a normal mouse. A feature like a two-finger tap for middle click and pinch work. However, the touchpad is not recognized as an actual touchpad. So when […]
After updating my system (20.04) and installing Balena Etcher this morning, snaps either won’t open (e.g. Spotify) or only display squares instead of text (e.g. Snap Store). Trying to open Spotify using the terminal returns the following: Gtk-Message: 18:09:43.958: Failed to load module “gail” Gtk-Message: 18:09:43.958: Failed to load module […]
I am new to Ubuntu. I have installed the server version with no GUI. At 3am every morning the server restarts itself. I don’t know where to look to see if its some setting in ubuntu. I ran the ‘last’ command and at the bottom of the display it says […]
I’m wondering if there’s a way to show the raw contents of sudo update-alternatives –config <resource>? I’ve been doing quite a lot of troubleshooting getting some installs correct and I cannot remember what I entered to get it working properly. For eg. I think I ran this command: sudo update-alternatives […]
I want to make a server where users can connect and start their own private database server listening on port 9999. So the user logs in with ssh and port forwarding of port 9999 and starts the database server. Then the client can access the database via localhost:9999. How can […]
I am trying to make a copy of an old IDE Amiga disk with all files/directories. I have a win 10 system and the pc doesn’t see or access the drive. I have connected the drive with a IDE-SATA connector. Now I have made a bootable Ubuntu flashdrive, boot from […]
My system was running smoothly until my root partition started running out of space. So I decided to try to resize it, unfortunately I needed to move it to the left as well. It seems that the process went well. gparted warned me that maybe I woundn’t be able to […]
Whenever I run boot-repair, I can boot once into Win 10. After I boot to Linux again, I get the above message whenever I try to boot again into Win 10. The exact message is: error: can’t find command ‘parttool’ error: can’t find command ‘drivemap’ error: invalid EFI file path […]
I have been trying to install the latest version of java-8. However, I found out that the PPA ppa:webupd8team/java has been discontinued due to changes in the java licence. How should I update my java to 8.0_201 or 8.0_211 now? Thanks!
I’ve bought new Dell 5570 i5 8250u 4GB RAM 1TB HDD AMD 530 2GB and it came with Ubuntu pre-installed. After typing sudo lshw -class display I got: description: VGA compatible controller product: Intel Corporation vendor: Intel Corporation physical id: 2 bus info: [email protected]:00:02.0 version: 07 width: 64 bits clock: […]
Using Lubuntu Latest… I created a custom Desktop Environment using Openbox, cairo-dock and Pcmanfm… I created mydesk.desktop in /usr/share/xsessions containing [Desktop Entry] Name=WOWcool Comment=Really Neat Exec=/home/zorion10/mydesk TryExec=/home/zorion10/mydesk Type=XSession And in /home/zorion10/mydesk #!/bin/sh cairo-dock & pcmanfm -d –desktop & compton -c –shadow-exclude ‘n:e:cairo-dock’ & openbox The problem is that neither cairo-dock […]
I have been struggling to install Ubuntu on my laptop, I want to make a dual-boot Windows/Ubuntu, but I just can’t install it. Already changed my BIOS to AHCI and UEFI, but had no effects so far. During the installation processes, I´m not even given option to install alongside Windows. […]
Kubeflow Pipelines are a great way to build portable, scalable machine learning workflows. It is one part of a larger Kubeflow ecosystem that aims to reduce the complexity and time involved with training and deploying machine learning models at scale. In this blog series, we demystify Kubeflow pipelines and showcase […]
Can anyone help me with how to enable Foot note/ End note numbering in Bengali language in Libreoffice? Only options available (CTL>General Options>Nuerals) are: Arabic Eastern Arabic System Context
I am running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and is trying to set up my system so it will log in my single user automatically but employ a locked screensaver on startup to ensure security. I have followed the solution here Automated login and screen lock and created the file ~/.config/autostart/screen_lock.desktop with […]
On a Xubuntu 19.10 system, I’m seeing ** Message: 09:46:56.174: couldn’t access control socket: /run/user/1001/keyring/control: No such file or directory on first opening xfce4-terminal. However, the file is there, owned by user 1001, in a directory owned by user 1001, and file tells me it’s a socket. Also, when I […]
I am just curious if I can chain a command after the execution of the bash script completes. $ deploy-stg.sh <path to pem file>; notify-send “deployed” Above example is just for demonstration. I want to save some time by adding notifications with all commands. So that team messages or further […]
Just thought of dropping a question since this problem seems to have been around for quite some time. Just now I have installed the new Ubuntu 18.04 on my Macbook Pro, and I notice the kworker hogging up a lot of CPU: 3411 root 20 0 0 0 0 R […]
Appreciate any help. Very slow boot on Ubuntu 16.04.3 with SSD still. when I run systemd-analyze blame I get 40.044s snapd.refresh.service 29.529s apt-daily.service 6.510s NetworkManager-wait-online.service 2.469s apt-daily-upgrade.service 1.814s snapd.service 1.649s [email protected] 936ms dev-sda2.device 168ms ufw.service 131ms ModemManager.service 126ms lightdm.service 86ms swapfile.swap 83ms apport.service 81ms [email protected] 78ms dev-loop0.device 77ms speech-dispatcher.service 71ms […]
I have looked at other solutions and threads for this problem but none of them have worked for me. I am using a Dell XPS 13 to connect my new Jaybird X3 earphones. So far, the laptop has been unable to detect neither my earphones nor my mobile device. EDIT: […]
After some updates and a recent reboot, my screen resolution went bonkers. My problem is similar to this one and also this one, but the solutions presented there do not fix my problem. The correct setting for my monitor is 1920:1200 (i.e. 8:5 aspect ratio) at 60 Hz, but Ubuntu […]
NOTE: Don’t rush to mark as duplicate – most of the similar questions consider very old Ubuntu versions and their answers are not applicable. I have Lenovo T460s with the latest Ubuntu 16.04. I like my lid closed when it’s docked / connected to external monitors. However the moment I […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Skolelinux 10.2
- ImageMagick 18.104.22.168-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 22.214.171.124
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Nvidia Linux Display Driver 64-bit 440.36
- Calibre 4.4
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Lenovo goes all in for Linux, certifying Red Hat and Ubuntu for all its workstations – WRAL Tech Wire
- Performing Automated Server Installs With Ubuntu 20.04 LTS – phoronix.com
- Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Review: The Most Complete OS For Everyone – Fossbytes
- Grub not showing up after ubuntu server 20.04 fresh install
- Firefox & Thunderbird 2020 how to restore menu in the system default style: in menu bar or in window’s title bar? (Unity)
- Genymotion virtual device does not start
- Error in installing mysql workbench on ubuntu 20.20 from .deb file
- Does anyone install zoom conferencing client on Raspberry PI? [closed]
- SOLVED my laptop can’t make a wifi connection. Ubuntu 16.04.3
- How to assign more than 256MB of video memory in VirtualBox?
- Removing gvfsd-smb-browse
- Copy file to External Hard Disk
- When would yum be of use to an Ubuntu user?
- We only have each other – the psychology behind not wearing a mask – CapeTalk
- Install win 7 alongside ubuntu
- Is GNOME or Unity the desktop for you?
- Encrypt single file quickly and easily how?
- PASS_MIN_LEN missing from login.defs
- Scanner of Epson ET-2750 doesn’t work – “sane_start: Invalid argument” – Kubuntu 20.04
- How do I fix my login screen on Ubuntu 20.04?
- How big can my auth.log file get
- Multi touch gestures for Lubuntu are messed up
- how could i resolve this execution error?
- when i run sudo apt-get update i got this error
- Zoom Video conference on Pi 3 B+ [closed]
- Zoom on Ubuntu 17.10
- Zoom Conference (skype type of program) not working
- KDE Tip: A Treasure Trove of Desktop Effects
- Recognize external touchpad as “touchpad”
- Snaps either won’t open or show only rectangles
- Ubuntu restarts 3am everyday
- Show Raw Contents of update-alternatives
- how can users have their private ports?
- Copy directories and files of an Amiga iDE HDD
- Ubuntu 20 Kernel panic after moving and resizing root partition
- Dual-Boot with Win10 – Win Boot says ‘invalid EFI file path’ after restart
- Update to latest version of java after ppa is discontinued
- Change default gpu from intel to discrete AMD
- Custom DE. cairo-dock and Pcmanfm reset on logout?
- Ubuntu Live-CD can’t detect my HDD
- Demystifying Kubeflow pipelines: Data science workflows on Kubernetes – Part 1
- Foot note/ End note numbering in Bengali in Libreoffice
- Automatic screen lock on startup is blocked by an application
- xfce: gnome-keyring not unlocking passwords on login, “couldn’t access control socket”
- Chaining command when running bash script
- Ubuntu 18.04 /w Macbook Pro: Kworker keeps hogging up my CPU
- Ubuntu 16.04.3 “still” takes 1.5 minutes to boot after successful clone to SSD and with noatime and trim and AHCI boot?
- Bluetooth not discovering any devices – Dell XPS 13 (16.04)
- Wrong resolution, “Unknown monitor”, on Ubuntu 16.04
- Closing lid turns off external monitor on 16.04
- LXD profile. How could it be defined?
- Boot from USB, but run on auxiliary hard drive
- Full screen with gnome-player and VLC not working properly
- Introducing the PrivacyTools PeerTube Instance
- Linux Mint-derivative Korean distro HamoniKR OS (하모니카OS) is now an official Linux Mint sponsor (rough translation in comments)
- Rant on Windows and Linux
- Let’s rise together in the spirit of ubuntu: finalist – Independent Online
- Don’t find site-packages after PC formatting
- What is the state of aptX in Ubuntu 20?
- Running git buildpackage (cowbuilder) noninteractivly (avoid sudo prompt)
- Chaning command when running bash script
- Logrotate – Create mode in a separate file
- How can I get rid of choppy videos in the Focal Fossa 20.04
- Problem starting Gnome terminal
- PuTTY: unable to load font in ubuntu 20.04
- Can’t activate proprietary driver for NVIDIA from “Additional drivers” Ubuntu 14.04
- Raspberry Pi Vulkan, WSL2, Renoir, Linux 5.8 + PHP8 Was Exciting For June – Phoronix
- I always face this annoying error since my first days on Ubuntu (about 3 years ago) and it’s still there. How in the hell can I get rid of it and why is it still present?
- How can I solve choppy video in Kubuntu 20.04?
- KDE Neon VS Kubuntu
- Easy backup solutions like Veeam
- Choppy video in Kubuntu 20.04
- Why file transfer over ssh drops
- Ubuntu 20.04 sudden boot error
- Closed brackets [ ] are working everywhere except in Kile
- (Netbeans) java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://localhost/
- Cannot install libgles2-mesa-dev
- Keep Ubuntu Server running on a laptop with the lid closed?
- Boot drops to a (initramfs) prompts/busybox
- Ubuntu 20.10 Moving Ahead In Restricting Access To dmesg – Phoronix
- Fresh install, wont login on correct password alt F3 does this, stuck on login. (No wifi sometimes? Lol)
- What would you change/add to Ubuntu if your were the developers?
- Hardware support on amd’s ryzen based models
- How to select the gpg agent used for ssh and other things?
- Ubuntu directly booting into terminal on startup
- Error in Start Gnome-Terminal
- Snap store is not shown is application menu
- How to install Viber on Ubuntu 18.04?
- Ubuntu Unity 20.10 “Groovy Gorilla” Testing Week
- New install
- putty on ubuntu
- Error in sudo apt update in ubuntu 20.04
- Can’t block specific IP address with iptables, Ubuntu 16.04
- How do I fix the glxinfo BadValue error on Ubuntu 18.04?
- Installing Ubuntu on a LUKS encrypted USB thumb drive
- The Cypher Notepad has been released on Linux! Try it
- Help : Anybody knows good website to promote my own FOSS?
- How to Install Apache Web Server on Ubuntu 20.04
- help idk what to do