submitted by /u/ptrjhnstn [link] [comments]
I use screen on the command line to launch programs and keep them running after I detach and log out. In the past the screen session would stay open until I kill it, even when the program has finished running. Lately I’ve found that the screen will terminate after a […]
I have a VPS server which runs on Ubuntu (20.04 version) operating system. I’m experimenting with different things so I had to install and uninstall a lot of packages so, naturally, the OS is a mess. I was thinking weather there are terminal commands that let me to clean (remove) […]
Hi i create my custom Linux OS its work fine but it only run in live boot what i want is to install it on my server right now it directly boot from USB i want to make a installer so it install on my server properly . What should […]
Welcome to r/linux rants and experiences! This megathread is also to hear opinions from anyone just starting out with Linux or those that have used Linux (GNU or otherwise) for a long time. Let us know what’s annoying you, whats making you happy, or something that you want to get […]
I am running Ubuntu 20.04 on a Lenovo Yoga 13. I had some version of HPLIP installed (possibly from the installer script on hplip website) and went to setup a wireless printer but it failed with warning: /usr/share/hplip/plugin.spec file doesn’t exists. error: Printer queue setup failed. Error : successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes I […]
So i used ip route command it shows output like this default via 192.168.43.162 dev wlp8s0 proto dhcp metric 600 169.254.0.0/16 dev wlp8s0 scope link metric 1000 192.168.43.0/24 dev wlp8s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.43.230 metric 600 How can I use it in an automated sh script so that […]
I have an Ubuntu instance running Node/Express. This is a web server application, so it is a long-running program that doesn’t exit. If I then run a Node script: node ./something.js, would this process use the exact same memory image that was running the web server app?
I’m new to Linux and I encountered some WiFi problems after successfully installed ubuntu. Here’s the detailed info. Ubuntu version: 18.04.5 LTS Model: Asus ROG-G14-GA401II Wireless card: Intel WiFi 6 AX200 160MHz Kernel version : Linux 4.15.0-117-generic In the page of settings, it shows that “No WiFi adapter found” but […]
Hello my lovely Linux users. I have created a subreddit MofoOS. A privacy focused distro. The sub still needs a lot of polish in rules, info, etc and is in need of mods. If you feel like it give it a look see. It’s r/MofoOS. submitted by /u/like-my-fith-account [link] [comments]
Shuttleworth sees the Linux desktop living on with Ubuntu 19.10 ZDNet
There is a gear icon right below the password box and when I click it, I get a drop down with those 4 choices. What are they? When I choose Ubuntu or Ukui, Ubuntu hangs after I submit my password. Ubuntu on Wayland still works. I was having problems with […]
I’ve seen these directories being used by many applications and am now considering using them for my app. How do I know this is an officially supported folder and not just a flavor of the month location for a per-user cache/config? I’ve been searching for something official from Ubuntu but […]
I have two users: A and B. I installed Firefox Dev Edition on Account A. When Firefox needs to update, it won’t run on B until I log in as user A and start it, at which point it updates automatically. Then it will run for user B as well. […]
NOTE: I know this is a duplicate, but the guides I follow don’t work nor make sense. I’ve been having this problem for a while now. Running sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade leaves me with this: Hit:1 https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu disco InRelease Ign:2 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease Hit:3 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu disco InRelease […]
submitted by /u/modelop [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/modelop [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/modelop [link] [comments]
How can I open A PDF file in a new window in Foxit reader on UBuntu 18.04? On windows, if you check the ‘allow multiple instances’ box in preferences, you can just drug and make the tab a new window. In Ubuntu, I couldn’t do that and even find the […]
How do I get Rhythmbox to save as wav files when ripping a CD? wav is not one of the save as options.
I’d greatly appreciate any help! Could you please help me to determine if I’ve my files, and if so, can I recover them? I mistakenly created a second mount point on an external drive, by creating a directory and mounting it. I then realized my mistake, unmounted the second point […]
Very long story short. In essence this is the problem. I had some of my project files (new.cc) which I was working on for quite sometime. I created one backup of these files two months ago (old.cc), and basically what I did was > cp old.cc new.cc. And I have […]
I know similar questions exist but answers didn’t work for me. I got an error message when trying to copy files from SD Card from an android smartphone. From the internal memory works fine. I can see the files using the “transfer files” option in Huawei, that appears after connecting […]
I want to configure dual boot with Ubuntu 19.04 and Windows 10 in my laptop. When I read about it, I always see that people install Windows 10 first and then install Ubuntu. Why is that?
I’ve seen a lot of login loop questions and threads and have tried everything from here – Ubuntu gets stuck in a login loop Except installing gdm3, but I cannot get out of the damn login loop. Should I try gdm3? The only reason I didn’t yet is because I’ve […]
I have an issue with pulseaudio after replacing the motherboard the process is not starting can’t even get to Sound Settings. The sound is working though I asume using alsa currently. How do I get it working again? Here’s some output from terminal: :~$ pulseaudio -k E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed […]
The computer gave me this output in a window: E: Encountered a section with no Package: header E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_natty_main_binary-i386_Packages E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened. How can I fix this?
I was running my previous laptop w/ dual boot for Win 7 & Ubuntu 16. That laptops processor burnt out and it was a model that had the processor soldered onto the mobo. So, I purchased a new laptop and am now using that old dual boot HD as an […]
submitted by /u/daemonpenguin [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/Max2Swords [link] [comments]
Don’t have an ethernet cable so I can’t install drivers unless I used a USB, does anyone know how to go about it? submitted by /u/Adventurous_Pound_93 [link] [comments]
I’m trying to install g++ 14 after removing the existing version. the error message: `sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test Toolchain test builds; see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ToolChain More info: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-toolchain-r/+archive/ubuntu/test Press [ENTER] to continue or Ctrl-c to cancel adding it. Hit:1 http://al.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal InRelease Hit:2 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease Hit:3 http://al.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates InRelease Ign:4 http://ppa.launchpad.net/snaipewastaken/ppa/ubuntu focal […]
extremely fishy memory usage, unaccounted memory usage (10 gigabytes) ubuntu 20 focal ran overnight with bashtop monitoring and found that 10 gigabytes apart from ubuntus 3.5 gigabyte base usage had expanded overnight… ran killall * killall . and the memory usage remained resident well after 15 minutes – at which […]
This is the Reader on my laptop: Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04f3:0c4c Elan Microelectronics Corp. ELAN:ARM-M4 And I can’t find an step by step way to make it work on Ubuntu On the following link, they talk about iafilatov’s libfprint for a ELAN reader on a HP laptop, but […]
I use a mac for work doing technical writing, and I’ve recently got an ubuntu desktop at home (20.04). I’m using the same external keyboard for both, and the biggest thing I struggle with is I’m so used to using the following macOS hotkeys: alt+backspace: delete word left (I realize […]
So im trying to install something from this website: https://github.com/Flam3rboy/Discord-Bot-Client/releases and im trying to install something but im on chromebook and I dont know if I can install something in there. Linux – Deb or, discord-bot-client_3.1.0_amd64.deb so far it is working but it has this problem after I click the […]
I am new to this field I had a servant manager but he left authorized_keys I want her on the server or not What is the matter to delete these keys if they exist Thank you
I’m experiencing a lot of trouble with Ubuntu (various flavours) and my laptop Razer Blade 15. Occasionally the touchpad device stops working, except for accepting tap clicks, it does not scroll, nor moves the cursor or accept right clicks. I’ve tried both xserver-xorg-input-synaptics and xserver-xorg-input-libinput but neither seem to solve […]
For eons, I’ve seen a staircase pattern to my log output when shutting down the machine. After a bunch of investigation of existing discussion, I have a fix for my machine. I launch i3 via .xinitrc (specifically, exec i3 at the bottom of the file). Just prior to that line […]
I’m trying to install Ubuntu 20.04 on a computer that has Windows installed already. After choosing installation options I reach an installation box that reads “installing system” with an option to open a log terminal. At this point no further progress is being made. At the log there are errors […]
After I start using MTGA (through Lutris) on Pop_OS! Version 20.04, my mouse stops clicking anything that isn’t directly part of another program. As an example, I can still interact completely fine with Firefox (I’m typing this with the issue still happening), but I can’t change windows without using Alt […]
I have problem with a SD card which is Read Only (it’s not due to the switch of the card adapter, I’ve already checked). I format the SD card with ‘Disks’ but the card results to be as “Read-only” and I can’t change the permission (see [this picture]). I’ve tried […]
After installing Ubuntu (18.04) for some days the buttons of my laptop mousepad works properly, but after some time both right and left button of mousepad stop working. I am using Dell Latitude laptop, with specs as i5-5th gen processor, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard disk. I look online for […]
I am a RHEL guy, and I just started working in an all Ubuntu environment. I need to get regular Ubuntu patching done – both desktop and server – on a monthy basis. The problem is, the environment is in a disconnected network. This appears to be the dead end […]
I have a problem with VirtualBox. When I put the .iso file in (Settings->Storage->Empty), I always get: I have installed the extension pack for this version of VirtualBox, but I get the same error. What should I do? I use Ubuntu 19.10
I am about to switch to Ubuntu and I wanted to know if there is a way to run Wallpaper Engine in Ubuntu since in Wallpaper Engine’s store page, minimum OS requirements only specify Windows.
I recently switched to Ubuntu GNOME. At first, software didn’t work, so I tried these commands: sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade It worked, but after some time it broke again, so I tried: sudo apt autoremove gnome-software sudo apt install gnome-software Now it’s broken again and Software Center is […]
I’m running a HP 255 laptop. I was happily running Xubuntu 14.04 on it and this morning accepted the upgrade to 14.10. All went well. I rebooted and have been using 14.10 all day. However, I rebooted again this evening and now it won’t boot up. It gets as far […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 184.108.40.206-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 220.127.116.11
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- Trying to get into my Thinkpad X1 carbon gen 3 after a restart and my computer gets stuck on this screen. I have zero clue how to fix. Not very tech savvy please help
- screen terminates after a day
- Clean Ubuntu Installation from remote terminal on VPS
- specify install OS menuentry in linux kernel?
- Linux Experiences/Rants or Education/Certifications thread – September 21, 2020
- hplip-gui failing to install properly after not cleanly removing old hplip install
- How to capture a particular line from terminal output?
- Understanding memory management
- Intel wireless card doesn’t work on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Shuttleworth sees the Linux desktop living on with Ubuntu 19.10 – ZDNet
- Why do I get 4 options for Ubuntu at login? MATE, Ubuntu, Ubuntu on Wayland, UKUI
- Is there official documentation on directories like ~/.config and ~/.cache?
- Firefox Developer Edition only updates/runs on one account
- Kubuntu refuses to upgrade “E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/gezakovacs/ppa/ubuntu disco Release’ does not have a Release file.” [duplicate]
- Linux Commands frequently used by Sysadmins – Part 4
- sta.li – a static linux distribution
- RTX3080 TensorFlow and NAMD Performance on Linux (Preliminary)
- New Windows on Foxit reader on Ubuntu 18.04
- Rhythmbox and wav files
- Empty directory after creating a second mount point
- Accidently removed very important file of my project using command “cp” [duplicate]
- Android phone filesystem unmounts when I try tio transfer files to Ubuntu from SD Card
- Why does Windows have to installed first in a dual boot set up? [duplicate]
- 17.04 update login loop
- Pulseaudio process is not starting
- How do I fix a “Problem with MergeList” or “status file could not be parsed” error when trying to do an update?
- Trying to access Ubuntu files from Windows 10. Previously a dual boot drive
- Garuda Linux – a distro with all the modern bells and whistles
- Which driver would be for wireless
- Missing realtek wireless driver
- E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/snaipewastaken/ppa/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file
- extremely fishy memory usage, unaccounted memory usage (10 gigabytes) ubuntu 20 focal overnight
- Fingerprint reader on Ubuntu 20.04 at HP ENVY 17m-CG0013DX
- How to configure macOS-like text navigation shortcuts in ubuntu (delete word/line, move cursor by word/line)
- Im trying to install something help me
- What is the matter to delete these keys
- Ubuntu 20, touchpad flakey
- Shutdown staircase output fix
- Battlefield 4 On Linux | Ubuntu 20.04 | Steam Play
- How to use the Ubuntu logo as the Menu Icon in Ubuntu 20.04
- Ubuntu 20.04 installation is stuck at random times because of “frozen state error”
- Mouse can’t click after using certain programs
- Problem with SD Card Read-only
- Laptop mousepad buttons (right and left) stop working after installing Ubuntu (18.04)?
- Disconnected Ubuntu patch server
- VirtualBox error in Ubuntu 19.10
- Can I run Wallpaper Engine (from Steam) in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?
- Software Center not opening in Ubuntu GNOME
- Xubuntu 14.10 reboot problem
- Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa won’t start
- Nostalgia : 16 years ago, first release of Ubuntu, Warty Warthog
- Made the switch two months ago, tried it in a virtual machine and fell in love instantly, no more random freezes or blue screen, speakers are louder now and performance is better… black with red accent just like my smartphone.
- The Dev Behind a Hugely Popular GNOME Extension Just Quit
- 4th day of ubuntu 20.04, switched from windows 10 enterpise. I loved ubuntu 👍🏻
- ubuntu [panel?] is very slow and laggy
- The Dev Behind a Hugely Popular GNOME Extension Just Quit
- External display randomly decreases resolution after suspend.
- How can i delete read only files?
- Ubuntu18.04 ProtonDB, I can’t run Among Us (file Among Us.exe not found?)
- Grub rescue unknown file system error followed by another Error stating failed to isolate default target:Freezing Execution
- error in Wmap scan “Using code ‘404’ as not found.”
- System freezes, after reboot it stops recognizing NVMe drive completely from BIOS
- LPI Voucher – Essentials Exam Voucher for Sale
- Installing Cloudflare Origin CA certificate on Ubuntu 18.04
- On a MacBookAir second generation with Lubuntu 20.04, I get “Destination Host Unreachable” message when I ping my router, then temporarily transmit packages. Any idea on solving that? What could be wrong? Thx
- How do I remove desktop icons?
- Keep getting this error while trying to install Tor on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- what is pch_haswell-virtual-0
- windows taskbar “+number” equivalent for ubuntu
- Howw to delete recoverd files?
- Terminal how to exit configuring secure boot
- how add application on nvidia list to work with that ubuntu 20.04
- Permission denied when using the terminal to install a program located in the download folder
- On system start laptop run into tablet mode. How to turn off tablet mode?
- Removing the “Try Ubunut/Install It” Dialog from a Custom ISO on Ubuntu 18.04
- No WIFI adapter if going into Ubunto, before Windows10.
- Chrome or Chromium on ubuntu 18.04 which is better ?
- issues with login as a superuser
- How do I set up my fingerprint reader on Dell XPS13 after getting the drivers?
- ssh unable to connect from external
- always bybass password prompt
- Grub rescue after installing Ubuntu on separate drive
- Can’t run .desktop files
- Ubuntu 20.04 no sound/audio
- How to find architecture of my PC and Ubuntu?
- How do I check if I have a 32-bit or a 64-bit OS?
- cna’t run .desctop files
- Lubuntu 18.04 – dragging a Thunderbird email to the panel freezes the desktop, how to prevent?
- How to Configure and use Linux as a Router
- Laptop mousepad buttons (right and left) stop working after installing Ubuntu(18.04)?
- Help me installing a program
- Notebook Doesn’t Boot Sometimes
- Hardware Recommendation: Sound Card & Speakers
- Blank screen at boot after fresh install, UEFI
- Control use of second hard drive
- Ubuntu 16.04 – Video Slow to Wake Up – Recent problem
- Upgrading from 18.04.5 to a newer edition [duplicate]
- accessing the motherboard’s Windows license
- Good Desktop/window managers for separate X screens?