I have experienced with some apps, like Filezilla or Hexchat, that the loading times are obscene. Look at this video. Trying to open up Filezilla, with syslog in the background and a timer. It takes about 30 seconds! Webm: https://webm.red/5cq4.webm Why could this be happening?? I am not using snaps, […]
I’ve tried everything I know of and Googled this as well. I upgraded Ubuntu from 19.04 to 19.10 using Software Update. I then added the 13.x repository for Node.js and installed it. curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_13.x | sudo -E bash – sudo apt-get install -y nodejs I then did sudo apt-get […]
I’m trying to install steam on xubuntu, when i click the install button, it asks for an authentication. I type in the correct password, the screen goes away but the installation doesnt start, it goes back to the “install” screen, its an endless loop.. submitted by /u/cloudested [link] [comments]
I am more familiar with pure Ubuntu vanilla gnome thereore I do the following: To completely remove the gnome shell extensions from Ubuntu to do so I used this command: sudo rm -r /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ To install vanilla gnome session I used the following: For installation sudo apt install gnome-session For […]
submitted by /u/NooooImDirtyDan [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/BloodyTurnip [link] [comments]
I’m honestly having a hard time finding anything that looks good or sounds good according to reviews. What gives? It is just that nobody cares about CDs anymore, so support for most of these older programs are disappearing? submitted by /u/filthyjeeper [link] [comments]
PinePhone goes on sale for $150 and Ubuntu Touch ports to the Pi LinuxGizmos.com
Why AT Command or crontab isn’t running in linux mint? It’s showing sudo apt install at. Does it need any packages. please help
Hello, I have a problem in vscode trying to code in swift. I am unable to build the code. I tried the following: $ swift –version /snap/swift/5/bin/swift: error while loading shared libraries: libatomic.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 Maybe something is wrong with the sourcekit-lsp? I don’t know if I managed […]
I want to read the CPU temperature value of my ryzen 2600. This askubuntu answer says “just load it87”. But how do I get it87 installed? I’m running mainline 5.0.0-36-generic so I expect the kernel module is available somewhere as 18.04.1 should have it by default and is packaged with […]
submitted by /u/ursus_peleus [link] [comments]
A comprehensive package supporting automated and interative manipulation of images
The main edition of the 4MLinux operating system, a minimal distro for system rescue tasks
One of the most popular Linux application sandboxing and distribution framework.
A free compositing window manager for Linux that uses 3D graphics acceleration via OpenGL
A high-level scripting language that can be used to develop Web-based applications
A high-level scripting language that can be used to develop Web-based applications
A high-level scripting language that can be used to develop Web-based applications
A Debian-based server OS for protecting computer networks from unwanted e-mail traffic
I looked at all the other help, and cannot solve this issue. I am sure it is something small/simple that I am missing – but I just can’t see what it is. I VNC to my Ubuntu server, just updated to 18.04.3 LTS. I open a place, such as Places […]
The powerful, lightweight and easy-to-use web browser developed by the well known Google company
The Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator (MAME) project for Linux/UNIX operating systems
One of the world’s most widely used scanning software is now available on Linux!
A full-featured and cross-platform word processing software, similar to Microsoft Word
A graphical WYSIWYG music score typesetter for Linux
A free, simple and easy to use music player application for the GNOME desktop environment
submitted by /u/hellozee54 [link] [comments]
My problem described in the title, I’ve googled for it for two evenings, but can do nothing with issue. $uname -a Linux thinkpad 5.0.0-36-generic #39~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 12 11:09:50 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux $lsusb Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 003 […]
I have written an article with the steps to extend and shrink LUKS encrypted device on a logical volume. Although such practice is not officially recommended but if it is required then one can follow this guide. I have tested the extend and shrink on ext4 file system, while shrink […]
I am owning a thinkpad E495 right now and on its main drive there is the original windows 10 partition (OS), just now I installed Ubuntu 18.04 on the secondary drive. The OS boots up fine, GRUB works fine. Even most of the drivers worked fine. But right now if […]
I have an old (if you can call it that) Surface Pro that I havent used in a while that is in need of some attention, so I figured I’d give it some new life by blowing away Windows and trying out Ubuntu. How is the touch experience? Can I […]
I’ve been using a new 32GB desktop ubuntu install vs a 16GB MacOS install and I’m amazed at how well the MacOS box handles memory vs Ubuntu. It seems both Chrome and IDEA (IntelliJ, my IDE) bleed memory such that by the end of the day I’ve lost about 20GB […]
submitted by /u/tom-ioth [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/Philo1927 [link] [comments]
jaromil wrote on slashdot: “A few days ago Devuan ASCII 2.1 was announced and one update has been overlooked by most media outlets: our dbus patch to re-generate machine-id at every boot. This patch matters for everyone’s privacy and I hope more distributions will follow our example, let alone Debian. […]
submitted by /u/DamonsLinux [link] [comments]
Ubuntu Circle of Courage helps reintegrate homeless people with their families | Cape Argus Independent Online
I am creating a snap for my software but until now I’ve been using –devmode or –dangerous flag to snap install. Now, I would like to sign it, but I can’t find something like step-by-step or tutorial to do that apart of publishing and pushing my work. Is it possible […]
Ubuntu 19.10: It’s fast, like “make old hardware feel new” fast Ars Technica
Hello everyone. I must use windows for my work but i love doing every other thing in linux so i desided to dual boot. I have an HP Pavilion 15 with i5 4200 4GB ram and 240 SSD. I formated the drive and i installed windows 10. I made the […]
Ubuntu Offers One-Stop Shop for All Your Open-Source Cloud Infrastructure Support Data Center Knowledge
I have a problem about switching sound output modes from speakers and headphones. Asus said they do not work with the Linux operating system family, so this question can only be asked by Ubuntu developers. Now you have to download Windows 10 to run the SonicStudio program there and in […]
I have a laptop on Ubuntu 18.04 and when I want to do anything like play music on Firefox, I hear absolutely no sound and it randomly freezes for more than 10 seconds. But for all other applications, audio works. When I run Pulse-Audio volume Control, it shows a windows […]
I installed Ubuntu 18.04-64bit with Windows 10-1809 and I can not mount 2 HDDs had been format at GPT. I always get the error as below:mount: /mnt/DiskE: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdd2, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. I had search around this forum […]
I’d like to be able to save directly to connected network folders (Google Drive, FTP connections, etc.) from applications like my browser, GIMP, etc. In Dolphin, I have these folders listed and saved in “Places”: But, when I save a file (even one I opened from one of these locations), […]
I’ve done a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Server on my workstation, and run into a peculiar issue. Every time I do an install/update of the base system: apt-get update the system freezes on reboot. That is, the machine just hangs with a blank screen. However, if I then […]
How to install libpng for Ubuntu 19 so that I would be able to open Packet Tracer 7.2.1?
I understand that this sounds like a ridiculous question but here is what I am trying to do: Install the apache http server. So I run apt search apache and get a ton of results. Actually… apt search apache | wc -l and dividing by 3 – I seem to […]
I am setting up my Ubuntu 19.04 desktop to work with an openldap server. I cannot login using GDM. I have added nscd and I have changed my set-up as follows: common-account:account [success=1 default=ignore] pam_ldap.so common-auth:auth [success=1 default=ignore] pam_ldap.so use_first_pass common-password:password [success=1 user_unknown=ignore default=die] pam_ldap.so try_first_pass common-session:session optional pam_ldap.so session […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 18.104.22.168-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 22.214.171.124
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- What are the 1×1 pixel windows are for?
- What is the best way to redirect user’s home directory to a file server?
- How to correctly get command output while using Command Applet in MATE?
- FileZilla is failing to transfer a single file over local FTP in Ubuntu, however, Nautilus transfers it
- How to open an app through the terminal without rendering that terminal window useless for other commands? [duplicate]
- List of libraries like libpcap
- SCRCPY is connected but when iam playing videos in my mobile then the video is shown but the sound is not coming..
- Permission denied error while using wget
- Open new Chrome window with different profile from command line
- Apache2.4 re-installation error
- Optimizing 4GB RAM for Android development using Android Studio 4 on Linux
- In Kubuntu 20.04, some applications do not use the global menu
- What does it mean to have Strong Bash, Python scripting skill?
- ¿En peligro el Software Libre y GNU/Linux con lo promulgado en México?
- Drivers for Logitech Keyboard G19
- Cannot install Ubuntu 20.04 on Mac mini 2020
- why a modules is loaded into kernel even if the config option is m
- Disable touch screen Ubuntu 20.04 Huawei matebook pro
- Unity editor rendering issue
- LXD profile. How could it be defined? [SOLVED]
- David Tomaschik: Security 101: Encryption, Hashing, and Encoding
- Linux Experiences/Rants or Education/Certifications thread – July 06, 2020
- Help configuring a Linux server node
- Port not accessible outside of server
- How to upgrade to Ubuntu Rolling Rhino
- COMMENT: Long live the spirit of Father Zimbabwe – The Zimbabwe Daily
- Linux goodness 😎
- [rant] Why does it take 4 clicks to Shutdown Ubuntu through the GUI?
- When im clicking the option try ubuntu from live usb , the screen is getting freezed and after sometime its showing the error in the image given below.
- High computer case temperature
- Is it possible to retrieve a password stored in OpenVPN?
- Sound stopped working on both 18.04 and 20.04
- Ubuntu Video player doesn’t stream videos from YouTube
- Alternate OS: Minix, anyone? On nine 5 1/4 floppies.
- Are linux distros being compromised ???
- Is it possible to disable this animation when I click on the dock to open an application?
- Ubuntu backpack factory
- Can anyone guide me?
- Ubuntu 20.04 and Killer WIFI 6 AX 1650 problems
- Ubuntu for windows recovery troubles
- Trouble making windows 10 virtualbox
- Invoke Bash console from windows subsytem for linux (Windos
- Not printing section symbol after keyboard layout change
- Get the filename from a path in a Bash
- Why do I get hundreds of errors when running ‘yarn start’
- Configuring Polkit to allow complete control remotely
- Nvidia X Server Settings is not saving the settings
- Ubuntu 20.04 with the hardy heron wallpaper looks awesome
- Chrome Dark Mode Bug? 20.04
- Do we need seahorse? What is its purpose? Can I uninstall it?
- How to open an app through the terminal without rendering that terminal window useless for other commands?
- Luks partiton on usb-cant remove
- No wifi network connectivity even tho dhcp has leased me an ip. Help!
- Yoga Laptop – Autodisable Keyboard when screen folded back to use as tablet? (Help with possible fix)
- How to open newsboat feed in browser [closed]
- How to enable nodmodeset with mkusb
- How can I share images on Facebook via default image viewer
- How can I print four copies of single image on a sheet of paper, one in each corner?
- Shotwell remembers old image names – how to I get it to use the new names instead?
- How To Create A Bootable Linux Installation USB And Install A Distribution – Balena Etcher ⁄ Ubuntu
- Pi4 8gb 20.04 polkit remoting in via RDP
- When I go to hit show applications, it’s like it errors out and crashes, nothing is displayed. Is there something I can re-install to fix this issue?
- Program opens in another display
- Touchpad acting weird
- Audio not working on Ubuntu 20.04
- Which filetypes does tracker support when indexing file content?
- Cannot install anything from Ubuntu Software
- Linux has achieved an all-time high marketshare
- Linux has achieved an all-time highest marketshare
- Laptop/Linux Recommendations
- PulseEffects – Quiet Film Profile for Evenings
- Early impressions of Mint 20
- I installed Kubuntu 20 a few weeks ago and want to change to stock ubuntu. How do I do that without losing all my data? I just want to use GDM3, Gnome, and see “ubuntu” instead of “kubuntu” when booting.
- just installed on helios 300. low sound
- How to boot uefi Ubuntu in 2nd HDD on legacy BIOS?
- How do I fix this while booting and installing Ubuntu? Someone please help.
- Re: [PATCH] CodingStyle: Inclusive Terminology
- Wifi Adapter doesn’t work in 20.04
- Problem with Wi-Fi, Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 not showing wireless connection while connected
- X Server segfault when starting after updating from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to 20.04 LTS
- Fresh Ubuntu Installation Freezing When I Start Up My Computer Windows 10
- Ubuntu partitions (/, /home & swap) are showing under a Windows extended partition? And, how to use the existing /home partition?
- Lightdm not starting on boot
- deja dup, duplicity and google
- Cannot remove “empty directories” from my external hard drive after rsync fail
- Ubuntu Linux Proxy Server for a network of Windows 10 and imac pcs i
- Cannot install anything from the Ubuntu Software Center
- Login Problems using x11vnc over ssh on 20.04
- How to fix non-working apt upgrade
- Troubles with libpng12.so.0 – no version information available?
- fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms – Postfix + Dovecot
- What’s the difference between <<, <<< and < < in bash?
- How do I save/remember last-used window position and size for applications?
- Today I released version 6.0.0 of my music player Tauon Music Box
- I just released and open sourced my Visual Studio Code Theme – Midnight Spruce Pine !
- Ubuntu Realtek bluetooth not working
- Loading firmware by Kernel which is stored in lowerdir in OverlayFS
- Ubuntu 20.04 is noticeably darker after upgrade
- Cannot discover bluetooth device on 18.04 (Aluratek ABC53F)