I have a question pertaining to my isc-dhcp-server not loading until I delete my kern.log and syslog files before a reboot. I have went through all the Q&A in here about isc-dhcp-server as well as the isc-dhcp-server web page and implemented loads individually to no avail… — /etc/default/interfaces “INTERFACES=eth0″ — […]
I am not so into Linux. On an Ubuntu VM on a client environment it seems that I can’t use apt-get command. In particular trying to perform: sudo apt-get install ntpdate I am obtain this message error: Temporary failure resolving ‘archive.ubuntu.com’ Here a screenshot: What could be the cause of […]
If you are looking for a replacement for a proprietary font, open source fonts offer plenty of options.
I have very strange behaviour on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS since about 5 months. It all started with my external 250 GB harddrive, where suddenly I no longer have the ability to create new directories.. I can still paste eg. a zip file… Anyway, I then went to my usb stick […]
I had problems with mounting my external HDD disk (WDC WD20EURX-63T0FY0) I did not care about the data there, so I recreated MBR and created EXT4 partition. However, in about 70% of cases I’m not able to mount partition, because mount command results in: sudo mount -a mount: /media/myExistingMountDirectory: mount(2) […]
HP Linux Imaging & Printing Drivers Now Supported on Ubuntu 19.10 and Fedora 31 LXer
I have an HP laptop with wireless problems (it often freezes). So I bought an ASUS USB AC55 B1 wireless adapter because a Linux driver was offered on ASUS website. But I cannot get it to compile. I think it’s a path problem, but then again I hate scripts. The […]
I have watched three videos on installing dual-boot Ubuntu. I downloaded the current iso 18.04 and verified the checksum. When I boot it the “Try Ubuntu option works fine. However, when I use “Install Ubuntu” I never get the screen asking about dual boot or something else. Instead it immediately […]
I recently installed Wine according to this answer and “Balabolka”, a very good TTS program that runs smoothly under Windows, afterwards. Wine did not install SAPI 4 or SAPI 5 voices which are required to use the program. So, I downloaded a free German (Steffi) and a free British English […]
I used a free VPN (Windscribe) EXTENSION to Firefox which changed my IP address from New Zealand to an IP address in Hong Kong. My Internet speeds slowed down so badly that I disabled and removed the Firefox extension. The problem is that the Hong Kong IP address seems to […]
Hi I installed MacOS Mojave in virtualbox, everything is working fine except sound, there are no input and output devices showing in MACOS guest. I am on Ubuntu 19.04 and using latest virtualbox 6.0.1 I would also like to mention that its working super fine in wmware, But I don’t […]
I’m running Ubuntu 18.04 on a Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 (gen 6) motherboard. Using HDMI audio via my graphics card is not working at all. Sound via headphones is working fine. Here is my alsa report: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=317bebb3e63a8726494c1637432903834c7c128c Any ideas why I can’t get any audio via my graphics card?
I’m trying to install the drivers of my new USB wifi card, and I’m getting this problem: $ sudo make [sudo] password for lucia: “******************************************” “NO SKRC,we will use default KSRC” “******************************************” make ARCH=x86_64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/4.10.0-40-generic/build=/home/lucia/Descargas/TL-WN823NEU_V2_160315_Linux/Driver modules make: se entra en el directorio ‘/usr/src/linux-headers-4.10.0-40-generic’ “******************************************” “NO SKRC,we will use […]
I need to add several custom gnome-terminal profiles for all users on a system (ldap authenticated, so the config needs to be pulled in at login). I can currently create the profiles using an autostart script to run dconf load inside the user session, but this seems like a clunky […]
I’m trying to find an alternative app, etc. for my wife’s Cricut explore air device app “Cricut design space”. It is a device that cuts, writes and scores things like signs and cards. If anyone knows of a good alternative to the software or a work around she could use, […]
I am using Samsung RV513 laptop. I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and was working fine. Then I reinstalled Windows 7. After a few days, I reinstalled Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Now whenever I start laptop, it gives error as Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Media in selected […]
I recently downloaded the Lubuntu 12.04 LTS ISO for Power PC (I want to install it on an old iBook G4), but when I go to select the ISO in Startup Disk Creator, it just remains blank in the Source disc image (.iso) or CD: area. Here is the screenshot […]
I’m considering the purchase of an Acer Spin SP111-33-C01H. However, I’ve read on several forums negative experiences about installing Ubuntu there. Is a smooth installation indeed possible? Does Ubuntu support the touch functionalities of the screen of this laptop?
I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS in my sony vaio laptop and it isn’t connecting to wifi as the wifi adapter is not being found . Its not detecting the LAN cable however internet is working through mobile data tethering. Please help !
Background: OEM install of Ubuntu 18.04 on a Dell Latitude. Note that this not an install of Ubuntu by the OEM, rather, Ubuntu 18.04 was installed by me using the “Install as OEM” option. While exploring the menus the user clicked on something that upon next boot changed the OEM […]
My problem is the following: I was using an external USB HDD (Western Digital Technologies, Inc. My Book Essential (WDBACW)), which is formatted to ext4. So far it was connected to my router and was used as a network drive. Since a while it is not working at all and […]
Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue 606 for the week of November 17 – 23, 2019. The full version of this issue is available here. In this issue we cover: Ubuntu StatsHot in SupportLinux Applications SummitKubeCon San Diego 2019 FlashbackLoCo EventsCanonical NewsIn the BlogosphereFeatured Audio and VideoMeeting ReportsUpcoming Meetings […]
When it goes to sleep, sound working, when it wakes from sleep the sound doesn’t work. So I go into gnome settings > sound and the output device has been reset to ‘dummy output’. Instead of HDMI output [nvidia card driver 430.50]. Simply changing the output device in settings, back […]
I can’t get the basic apache web server working .. IF I try to connect with a local web browser to localhost I get nothing.. juts an error saying it can’t connect.. when I run status it says active (running) see below.. This is a fresh install of ubuntu 18.04.3 […]
im making a security doorbell with camera features and i wanted to alert the user whenever motion is detected. I have motion running and saving photos to /home/pi/documents/motion. I want to have a python script monitor that folder for new files then run sendtext.py whenever a new file is created. […]
I got a local Socks5 port open on my Ubuntu VPS. How can I use it as a parent for my shadowsocks server (ss-server on shadowsocks-libev)? I’ve heard something that ss-tunnel can do that but I don’t know how in details.
This Open Source project provides professional tools to control networking in Linux kernels
I have been trying to get Ubuntu running on an elderly HP EliteDesk 800 G1. The installation has been pretty slow already, which has made me suspicious, but nevertheless successful. However, after the installation has been finished, the system doesn’t boot. The screen just turns black. And I don’t know […]
Does someone happen to know a good way to set something like this: between xx.xx – yy.yy system idle time before suspend would be zzz min outside that specified time range idle time to suspend would be fff min suspending from button would remain as it is (enabled) Any ideas? […]
Well I would like to know if there is any function (or C code that I can define) that does the same as pretty() in MATLAB. so when I run this in MATLAB: syms s k; G1=16/(s+0.8); H=k; Ga=G1/(1+G1*H); G2=1/s; Gb=Ga*G2; M=Gb/(1+Gb); M=collect(M); %basically this part of the code pretty(M); […]
I have setup an RTMP server on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS using Nginx. I am able to stream successfully from OBS to the RTMP server and I am able to view the stream via VLC Media Player on a completely separate network so I know the stream works correctly. What […]
I recently updated from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 to 18.04 (i.e. I am now on 18.04 bionic, and started on 14). In 16.04 everything worked ok, but now I have some severe graphics problems: Problem(s): First I got the log in screen in correct resolution, but it froze with a […]
Help-Portrait Riverbend captures holiday spirit through free portraiture Alton Telegraph
Let me put you in context, you see this is the third time I install ubuntu on my laptop (Asus Laptop, running NVDIA GTX 1050), althought this installation was different because I once for all removed the original Windows 10 that came with my Laptop. My first attempts were on […]
Devuan GNU+Linux is a Debian-based operating system that doesn’t uses the systemd init system.
A fully customizable fork of the GNOME Shell user interface for GNU/Linux operating systems
A lightweight and open source modification of the Slackware Linux operating system
Ubuntu Touch Can Now Run on Raspberry Pi 3 with the Official 7″ Touch Screen LCD Softpedia News
Let’s say the directory ~/this_dir doesn’t exist. I need to be able to run touch ~/this_dir/new.txt to create new.txt in ~/this_dir. Is there a simple way to make touch also create the directory? Or an alternative command which would achieve the same thing? Thanks
I tried to install Free File Sync to my Ubuntu 18.04. I came across multiple error messages in the terminal. Now I am left with 3 Free File Sync icons in my apps. None of them work. But they are not available in the software centre to be uninstalled. The […]
As you know there are multiple ways of recovering the files even after it was deleted. I have a USB 8GB pen, it contains many files, one of them I would like to delete it. if I clicked on move to the trash, of course, it’s going to move the […]
I have a laptop on Ubuntu 18.04 and when I want to do anything like play music, I hear absolutely no sound and when I attempt to change sound volume, it freezes for more than 10 seconds. When I run Pulse-Audio volume Control, it shows a windows on a white […]
Wine has been working well and I have several Windows applications installed that work just fine but for some time now, whenever I click on any new .exe file that is not for something already installed, nothing happens. That is, the little spinner shows for a moment, then stops but […]
Hey guys, I am a noob in the linux world and I would like to know if it is possible to install (or if it is too much trouble) the Pop!_OS store “Pop!_Shop” on my laptop that’s running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. If so, how? I can’t seem to find instructions […]
https://preview.redd.it/i1ajbyy7uv041.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8903a59be0149d1c128da1b5c43f68a34fd3835d kdenlive 19.12 beta is out with many bug fixes and improvements. The highlights include: New audio mixer Bin monitor redesign Performance and usability improvements Many Windows fixes Master effects Re-implement scrolling trough compositions. Check it out and report any issues: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/unstable/kdenlive-19.12.0-beta1-x86_64.appimage submitted by /u/f_r_d [link] [comments]
Canonical Partners with Nvidia to Certify Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on NVIDIA DGX-2 AI Softpedia News
The trials and tribulations of video decoding on Linux OS News
I wanted to install this software : http://rfc2822.github.io/GfxTablet/ On CS50 Appliance ( Harvard’s CS Operating System) which is based on Xubuntu and ultimately Ubuntu. I downloaded the binary file, renamed it to “networktablet”, Then typed the following commands in the terminal after moving the terminal directory to the place I […]
So I am new to ubuntu 18.04, and I want to install Pi-Hole with Outline (a VPN service), but I cant find any tut on how to do it, neither understand how to do it. So if anyone knows please tell me how
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- Fedora 31 Released
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 18.104.22.168-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 22.214.171.124
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia Linux Display Driver 64-bit 440.36
- How to mount a usb in Ubuntu?
- How to automatically disable second monitor on startup (aka cannot open settings issue)
- deja-dup – protection from cryptolockers
- Booting time dongle auto-detection not happening – usb modeswitch
- Ubuntu 18.04 Not detect headset after restart
- How can i access lxpanel from terminal command
- How to clean printed select option menu and make an escape input using bash
- Computer Issues
- Aplay audio open error:Device or resource busy
- Partition problems installing Ubuntu “Your installation medium is on /dev/sdb”
- Finally switching to Linux full time :D
- Tag: Linux Operating System Market Growth – Verdant News
- E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/snaipewastaken/ppa/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file [duplicate]
- remmina no longer working “cannot connect to RDP server localhost”
- How to Install Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Trying to get into my Thinkpad X1 carbon gen 3 after a restart and my computer gets stuck on this screen. I have zero clue how to fix. Not very tech savvy please help
- screen terminates after a day
- Clean Ubuntu Installation from remote terminal on VPS
- specify install OS menuentry in linux kernel?
- Linux Experiences/Rants or Education/Certifications thread – September 21, 2020
- hplip-gui failing to install properly after not cleanly removing old hplip install
- How to capture a particular line from terminal output?
- Understanding memory management
- Intel wireless card doesn’t work on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Shuttleworth sees the Linux desktop living on with Ubuntu 19.10 – ZDNet
- Why do I get 4 options for Ubuntu at login? MATE, Ubuntu, Ubuntu on Wayland, UKUI
- Is there official documentation on directories like ~/.config and ~/.cache?
- Firefox Developer Edition only updates/runs on one account
- Kubuntu refuses to upgrade “E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/gezakovacs/ppa/ubuntu disco Release’ does not have a Release file.” [duplicate]
- Linux Commands frequently used by Sysadmins – Part 4
- sta.li – a static linux distribution
- RTX3080 TensorFlow and NAMD Performance on Linux (Preliminary)
- New Windows on Foxit reader on Ubuntu 18.04
- Rhythmbox and wav files
- Empty directory after creating a second mount point
- Accidently removed very important file of my project using command “cp” [duplicate]
- Android phone filesystem unmounts when I try tio transfer files to Ubuntu from SD Card
- Why does Windows have to installed first in a dual boot set up? [duplicate]
- 17.04 update login loop
- Pulseaudio process is not starting
- How do I fix a “Problem with MergeList” or “status file could not be parsed” error when trying to do an update?
- Trying to access Ubuntu files from Windows 10. Previously a dual boot drive
- Garuda Linux – a distro with all the modern bells and whistles
- Which driver would be for wireless
- Missing realtek wireless driver
- E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/snaipewastaken/ppa/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file
- extremely fishy memory usage, unaccounted memory usage (10 gigabytes) ubuntu 20 focal overnight
- Fingerprint reader on Ubuntu 20.04 at HP ENVY 17m-CG0013DX
- How to configure macOS-like text navigation shortcuts in ubuntu (delete word/line, move cursor by word/line)
- Im trying to install something help me
- What is the matter to delete these keys
- Ubuntu 20, touchpad flakey
- Shutdown staircase output fix
- Battlefield 4 On Linux | Ubuntu 20.04 | Steam Play
- How to use the Ubuntu logo as the Menu Icon in Ubuntu 20.04
- Ubuntu 20.04 installation is stuck at random times because of “frozen state error”
- Mouse can’t click after using certain programs
- Problem with SD Card Read-only
- Laptop mousepad buttons (right and left) stop working after installing Ubuntu (18.04)?
- Disconnected Ubuntu patch server
- VirtualBox error in Ubuntu 19.10
- Can I run Wallpaper Engine (from Steam) in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?
- Software Center not opening in Ubuntu GNOME
- Xubuntu 14.10 reboot problem
- Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa won’t start
- Nostalgia : 16 years ago, first release of Ubuntu, Warty Warthog
- Made the switch two months ago, tried it in a virtual machine and fell in love instantly, no more random freezes or blue screen, speakers are louder now and performance is better… black with red accent just like my smartphone.
- The Dev Behind a Hugely Popular GNOME Extension Just Quit
- 4th day of ubuntu 20.04, switched from windows 10 enterpise. I loved ubuntu 👍🏻
- ubuntu [panel?] is very slow and laggy
- The Dev Behind a Hugely Popular GNOME Extension Just Quit
- External display randomly decreases resolution after suspend.
- How can i delete read only files?
- Ubuntu18.04 ProtonDB, I can’t run Among Us (file Among Us.exe not found?)
- Grub rescue unknown file system error followed by another Error stating failed to isolate default target:Freezing Execution
- error in Wmap scan “Using code ‘404’ as not found.”
- System freezes, after reboot it stops recognizing NVMe drive completely from BIOS
- LPI Voucher – Essentials Exam Voucher for Sale
- Installing Cloudflare Origin CA certificate on Ubuntu 18.04
- On a MacBookAir second generation with Lubuntu 20.04, I get “Destination Host Unreachable” message when I ping my router, then temporarily transmit packages. Any idea on solving that? What could be wrong? Thx
- How do I remove desktop icons?
- Keep getting this error while trying to install Tor on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- what is pch_haswell-virtual-0
- windows taskbar “+number” equivalent for ubuntu
- Howw to delete recoverd files?
- Terminal how to exit configuring secure boot
- how add application on nvidia list to work with that ubuntu 20.04
- Permission denied when using the terminal to install a program located in the download folder
- On system start laptop run into tablet mode. How to turn off tablet mode?
- Removing the “Try Ubunut/Install It” Dialog from a Custom ISO on Ubuntu 18.04
- No WIFI adapter if going into Ubunto, before Windows10.
- Chrome or Chromium on ubuntu 18.04 which is better ?
- issues with login as a superuser
- How do I set up my fingerprint reader on Dell XPS13 after getting the drivers?
- ssh unable to connect from external
- always bybass password prompt
- Grub rescue after installing Ubuntu on separate drive
- Can’t run .desktop files
- Ubuntu 20.04 no sound/audio