The libre software movement, maybe except India and perhaps some other countries, is not very popular in Asia, especially in influential countries like China or Japan. Is it a cultural thing? What am I missing? I see a lot of activity from the US, Europe, Russia, South America and even […]
submitted by /u/Aberts10 [link] [comments]
NVIDIA GeForce Now quietly starts working on Linux as the Avengers come to play Best gaming pro
Celluloid, formerly Gnome MPV, released version 0.20 a few hours ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 20.04 via PPA. Celluloid is a simple GTK+ frontend for mpv media player. The latest 0.20 release features: Make it possible to activate context menu when the playlist is empty. Prevent constant […]
From what i saw on Ask Ubuntu using the command sudo nautilus is risky because you can change or delete files causing the operating system to crash. Some examples where i used the command : copy/paste icons and cursors from different themes ; copying the libffmpeg.so file from Chromium folder […]
I have a Dell t3610 which has been running centos 8 with no problems. The raid is raid1 (two hdd installed) and is set in the bios at boot. When installing ubuntu desktop 20.04 with the raid set the same it all installs fine, but on boot it hangs after […]
I have two subnets (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1), the first one comes from my ISP’s modem/router while the second one comes from my own router that I use for development (I cannot open ports in my ISP’s router, so I used DMZ instead). By default, every device in my house must […]
I am new to Ubuntu, and I am having difficulties with it being the only OS on my laptop. I would like to go back to Windows 10 and install Virtual Box, where I will be able to use Ubuntu occasionally. How could I do that?
After running a latest update and upgrade the PC doesn’t allow to install nor update giving me error File “/usr/lib/command-not-found”, line 23, in <module> import gettext ValueError: source code string cannot contain null bytes Error in sys.excepthook: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py”, line 63, in apport_excepthook from apport.fileutils […]
I have a new ssd for my laptop. It currently has Ubuntu 20.04 installed in a M.2 drive and I will like to install the new SATA SSD and install Windows 10 on it. I don´t want to reinstall Ubuntu. Do I really need to unplug the M.2 drive to […]
I got this warning in Joomla: Your PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6, is only receiving security fixes from the PHP project at this time. This means your PHP version will soon no longer be supported. We recommend planning to upgrade to a newer PHP version before it reaches end of support on […]
I encountered error like “(user in plugdev group; are your udev rules wrong?”, After googled, I found some key refers: Ref 1. Set up a device for development from Android Developer; Ref 2. Solved: no permissions (user in plugdev group; are your udev rules wrong?): Solution 3; Ref 3. Android […]
I am looking for a keyboard shortcut to raise a context menu using Ubuntu on a MacBook pro. Pressing the keyboard shortcut should have the same effect as right-clicking at the cursor location. On Windows keyboards, there is a dedicated button for this near the space bar. I have also […]
How to install & configure Lighttpd web server on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS H2S Media
How to install WordPress on Lighttpd web server- Ubuntu 20.04/18.04 H2S Media
Hello, I would like to write all incoming and outgoing network connections to a text file on my Ubuntu server. Something like this: Date – Time – Src IP /Port – Dst IP /Port – Connected The sense of this is, that I can see, which IP addresses are connected […]
I’ve just connected my external HDD ,the pop up message that says new USB connected didn’t appears . I tried to open it from file manager and this error : Unable to access “500 GB Volume” Not authorized to perform operation (polkit authority not available and caller is not uid […]
How in the frick frack pattywhack do I fix this error? I have a new laptop with windows 10 on it (I hate it) and I wanna install Ubuntu but everytime I open it up on the live usb flash it gives me the error “Activation of network connection failed” […]
I’m a Japanese student, and have previously been using Japanese input on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. It was working fine until yesterday, and stopped working earlier today when I rebooted. Symptoms Selecting the Japanese keyboard (either via Super+Space or from the top-right language menu), followed by selecting Hiragana input (top-right language […]
On my laptop (Dell Lattitude E7470) I have Ubuntu 16.04 installed on a btrfs partition (/dev/sda2) using the standard @ and @home subvolumes for / and /home mountpoints. There is also an EFI system partition (/dev/sda1). These are the only partitions in the system (I have no other OS installed). […]
I’m having trouble starting a xenial lxc container on my trusty machine. I had no problems installing the container (by following this guide, which also allowed me to create and start some other trusty containers successfully), but when I try to start it I get this error: [email protected]:~$ sudo lxc-start […]
Here is an example above. It also does the same thing on other sites with other video players, but I figure this is one of the more well known ones. Any help?
I would like to record an output of a program with PulseAudio using command line/bash script. It is important not to record all output, but only the output from one specific program. I thought I would have to create a new null-sink and than move the program’s output to this […]
submitted by /u/your_dog_is_lonely [link] [comments]
hopefully my title makes sense. What I’m doing is, I have a home server running Ubuntu that uses Samba to share all of my storage drives to my other devices. The server is connected to the router via the integrated ethernet port on the motherboard, and most devices connect to […]
I have done some long searches for this, to no avail. Here’s the trouble with the solutions found do far: I’m using gromit-mpx to write to the screen with my screen-pen at recording. I switch between ‘showing’ (the cursor) and ‘writing’ (with the pen) with F9. Then the cursor changes […]
I set JAVA_HOME for my system using a tutorial and completed every step. During the process the command echo JAVA_HOME showed /usr/lib/jvm/java-14-openjdk-amd64 as a result. But once I opened a new terminal and ran echo JAVA_HOME again it showed nothing. I’m trying to configure VS Code java.home too. But it […]
Is it possible to give a command an specific name and call it by its name instead of write the whole command in the terminal ? For example when I want to start an openvpn session I have to type this command in the terminal $ openvpn3 ssession-start –config /home/user1/Downloads/myconfiguration.ovpn […]
Using Ubuntu 20.04 on my pc. After long-formatting (i.e. not quick format), my USB-thumb-drive is detected by neither ‘GParted’ nor ‘Disks’. Furthermore, not detected using the following commands (in Terminal): ‘lsblk’ and ‘sudo fdisk -l’ However, it is detected by the Nautilis file manager and I can add and delete […]
Windows has File Protection feature, according to Microsoft: Windows File Protection (WFP) prevents programs from replacing critical Windows system files. Programs must not overwrite these files because they are used by the operating system and by other programs. Protecting these files prevents problems with programs and the operating system. WFP […]
Background: Physical machine is Windows 10. Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS is running on VMware Workstation Player, in the same Windows 10 machine. When I try to copy a text from notepad to Ubuntu terminal or nano editor, nothing is happening. I tried shift+ctrl+v. Did not help. I found a link How […]
submitted by /u/H4xDrik [link] [comments]
I has a connected hard disk to my router I tried to connect using Files app from “other locations” I add ((smb://[email protected]:192.168.1.1/usb-04fc-FF07FF_1/)) Then it showed a dialog ask for Domain and password The domain has no password anyway to pass domain’s password request? any other way to connect to domain?PROBLEM […]
Soo I’m building a PC later this year but for now I’m stuck with my shi*y laptop “Causion specs may make you puke” Amd e1 1200 -dualcore 1.2ghz cpu 758mb vram GPU(not sure which) 4 GB ddr3 500gb dying hardrive Cheap plastic build 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙞 𝙪𝙨𝙚? submitted by […]
I see three sessions I can use while I log in: GNOME classic Ubuntu Ubuntu on Wayland (which I use) I want to remove GNOME classic which I never use. Is it possible? I have been experiencing some weird problems, so I wanted to clean up my laptop and see […]
Your PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6, is only receiving security fixes from the PHP project at this time. This means your PHP version will soon no longer be supported. We recommend planning to upgrade to a newer PHP version before it reaches end of support on 2020-11-30. Joomla will be faster and […]
I got this warning in my joomla Your PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6, is only receiving security fixes from the PHP project at this time. This means your PHP version will soon no longer be supported. We recommend planning to upgrade to a newer PHP version before it reaches end of support […]
I want to retrieve specific files then cp the result into another directory, it is all working till but my command seem to be executed one more time for nothing. for exemple: I have a file “a” and I want to cp it into /test so: find . -mtime -1 […]
I tried out regolith, which gives a separate login DE. However, when switching back to the regular Ubuntu login, the close icon on all windows is missing, and the minimize and maximize icons are more like outlines rather than icons. Any ideas on how I can restore the icons? I’m […]
Is there a keyboard shortcut for the ls command besides the alias l? I mean something like: Ctrl l for clear command. One advantage, IMO, is that will not get in history list.
I would like to write a script that starts a process in a screen, letting it continue to run, but extracts a certain part of the output for use in the main process of the script. My first idea was to use a named pipe to communicate between the two […]
I’ve recently installed Ubuntu 20.04 onto my Intel Core i5 laptop, but when I try to connect it to the Wi-Fi, it does not seem to detect my flat’s Wi-Fi. What kind of Wi-Fi adapter should I use? lshw is already the newest version (0.2.18.85.3ubuntu2).
I have an issue with LibreOffice Calc. When I try to start the application, it doesn’t show up. I do have the icon in my dock indicating that it is running. If I click the icon, nothing happens. Holding the key-comb for tabbing through Windows does show an open window, […]
I want to get a list of Ethernet and wireless connections from the terminal. Those connections are listed in NetworkManager’s GUI and include info like the connection’s SSID. The next step is to delete unwanted connections.
I have an Epson LX-300 Printer Driver, but I can not get it to print on the full width of a regular US Letter page. Whatever I configure, the printer just prints about 60% of the page width. As if the page were very small, leaving large empty spaces. I […]
My friend is new to Linux and he wants to use a 1tb drive to install games on steam. We don’t know where to start and need help I am somewhat new to Linux and we did a fresh instal on his m.2 but that’s the only drive that shows […]
submitted by /u/yarikfanarik [link] [comments]
tried to install encfs. After adding repository, and update gave command in terminal sudo apt install gnome-encfs-manager Am getting response .. Unable to locate package gnome-encfs-manager
I work on local websites and want to add workspaces in Brave Dev Tools. When I try to add the folders, I get the error Could not read the contents of var. Error opening directory ‘/var’: Permission denied I am using Ubuntu 20.04 and installed Brave through Ubuntu Software. The […]
I have a new Dell Inspiron 5505 (AMD Ryzen 4500), and sure enough, the S3 sleep state is disabled with no BIOS option to enable it (even after a BIOS update). After a few weeks of frustration, I learned how to (successfully) edit the DSDT and override it through GRUB. […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 220.127.116.11-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 18.104.22.168
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia Linux Display Driver 64-bit 440.36
- Calibre 4.4
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Emacs 27.1 available in kelleyk/emacs PPA
- windows break while trying to install ubuntu
- Unable to unbind [Super]+[1..9] in Ubuntu 20.04
- Canon MP210 printer: cannot install driver on Ubuntu 20.04
- How do I append data to a binary file with an hex editor?
- Why is the Certbot version in Ubuntu 20.04’s reps so old?
- When I update my machine I get ‘Release does not have a Release file’ error
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS – Bose QuietComfort 35 ii
- Free, mostly private, and cloud-based journaling
- Microsoft Submits Linux Kernel Patches to Make Linux Run as Root Partition on Hyper-V
- I tried to install my wifi drivers for my MacBook by mounting the iso as a cd image and this is what came up? Can someone tell me how to install the drivers for wifi?
- when i update my machine i get following error
- Ubuntu 20.04 boots to black screen
- Unable to find the Windows “Desktop” folder from within WSL
- Does not show Wifi networks [closed]
- A lot of buffers are being dropped
- pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks Ubuntu 15.10
- Problem in VMware Installation(12.04 LTS)
- What are some tablets that can run Ubuntu? [closed]
- Why can’t other machines connect to my ad-hoc wireless network?
- Anyone on here have the lines
- Lenovo Yoga 730(15) Kubuntu 20.04, Nvidia-450 drivers. This happens when I close the lid and open it back up. Any idea how to fix this? -thanks
- How do I get rid of ALT+Tab and get back to the regular minimized windows?
- Computer won’t power off
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS won’t detect second monitor
- How to change font display size?
- How do I get a sensors output in conky?
- Where’s the Yelp For Open-source Tools?
- VAAPI, Chromium, Intel GPU & Ubuntu 20.04 – anyone got this to work?
- I can’t seem to get my startup script running
- Just installed Ubuntu 20.04 – Not being able to connect to Wifi
- Ubuntu doesn’t work bluetooth USB DONGLE 5.0 (Version 5.48) 0a12:0001
- Can’t upgrade from 19.04 to 20.04 [duplicate]
- How to setup VPN with Pre-Shared-Key
- Main sound device disappears after resuming from sleep mode
- Unable to open AVI file
- File Sharing/Syncing between dual boot windows and Ubuntu
- scanning failure with HP DeskJet F2410 on Ubuntu 20.04
- Fonts in 20.04 have grown bigger
- How would I install / use my specific TpLink Realtek USB Wireless Adapter into Ubuntu 20.04 LTS without internet connection?
- Canon Pixma MG2550S “usb usb1-port1: unable to enumerate USB device”
- Unable to find the Desktop on my laptop
- Start the first terminal from tmux
- main sound device disappear after sleep mode
- Install Ubuntu 14.04 to replace 12.10, as dual boot with Windows.
- Remove Leading or Trailing Space(s) in File or Folder Names
- Closest alternative to Times New Roman
- simple wine issue [duplicate]
- How to install the google play lens on 13.04
- Literally impossible to install Ubuntu on Win8 laptop [duplicate]
- Why is the libre software movement in most of Asia not a thing?
- Gnome on a external monitor on the Pinephone PMOS edition
- NVIDIA GeForce Now quietly starts working on Linux as the Avengers come to play – Best gaming pro
- Celluloid (formerly GNOME MPV) 0.20 Released! How to Install
- Command sudo nautilus : is it safe to run in Ubuntu / Kubuntu 20.04
- Dell T3610 raided disks wont boot. Ubuntu desktop 20.02
- Inbound traffic through router timing out when using multiple NIC
- Switching to Windows [duplicate]
- Cannot Install nor remove from ubuntu 16.04.7
- Install Windows after Ubuntu in a different drive
- How do I update PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6 to latest version?
- user in plugdev group; are your udev rules wrong or error: insufficient permissions for device: udev requires plugdev group membership?
- Keyboard shortcut equivalent to right-clicking
- How to install & configure Lighttpd web server on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS – H2S Media
- How to install WordPress on Lighttpd web server- Ubuntu 20.04/18.04 – H2S Media
- E-mail notification for new network connections
- not authorized to perform operation
- How do I fix “Activation of network connection failed”?
- Japanese input suddenly broken
- Does Ubuntu installer preserve btrfs @home subvolume while installing / to the @ subvolume on the same parttion?
- Start a Xenial lxc container on a Trusty machine
- Opera will not play Twitter videos (and others)
- Record a program’s output with PulseAudio
- LFScm – Linux From SCM. A Linux From Scratch derivative for software developers which also happens to be dirt simple to build.
- Samba – Continue Listening On Network Interface Even When Disconnected
- Highlight mouse cursor in screen cast; but at pointing only
- JAVA_PATH vanishes once I close the terminal
- How give a specific to a command and call it by its name later
- After formatting USB-thumb-drive, neither ‘GParted nor ‘Disks’ detect it
- Does Ubuntu have an alternative to Windows File Protection?
- How to copy and paste text from Windows notepad to Nano editor running in Ubuntu( running in VMWare Workstation Player )
- A script to move floating windows to screen corners.
- Cannot access to shared SMB disk ask for domain password
- Potato PC help
- Is a safe way to remove GNOME classic meta-packages and keep Ubuntu’s GNOME meta-packages in Ubuntu 20.04.1?
- How to update from PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6, to latest version?
- How to update PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6 to latest version?
- Why does my find command is executed two times
- Close icon is missing for all windows
- Keyboard shortcut for ls command?
- Communicating between a screen and a script
- I am unable to connect to wifi
- LibreOffice Calc not opening on Ubuntu 20.04 [duplicate]
- Get a list of network manager network connections with Bash?
- Printer not using full page width
- Trying to instal steam games into his other hard drive but not being recognized when we try to change it in settings.
- Logic of dualboot
- Unable to install encfs
- Setting Brave / Chrome Workspaces Permission Issue
- Overriding DSDT with rEFInd (Enabling S3 in ACPI)