I was trying to install a package called: “qt-at-spi”, but this doesn’t exist in the version 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa), so I went to the repositories and this package exists but only on the version 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) this is the URL: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/q/qt-at-spi/ . My question is: if I […]
I know it has been asked many times before but none of those solutions helped me. Every time I am running sudo apt upgrade I get this error. dpkg: error processing package systemd (–configure): installed systemd package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 127 Errors were encountered while processing: […]
As the title says, my system doesn’t seem to recognize my USB 3.0. It instead claims to be a 2.0. Any help would be appreciated! My computer is the Asus Q200E. It’s pretty bad, but it works for school. Except for this damn usb 3.0 port lsusb -t /: Bus […]
We have to keep our ‘ubuntu’ going at all costs The Citizen
I recently upgraded from 16.04 to 18.04.4 LTS, and now want to upgrade again to 20.04 LTS using sudo do-release-upgrade -d The process fails with an error message about ppas, but the log files show that the problem has to do with ubuntu-standard and lsof conflicts. It appears that it […]
I am about to purchase the Alienware m15 r3, and I usually dual boot all my computers, but I have seen some people experience some difficulties while trying to install ubuntu on an Alienware, and I haven’t seen any posts about the new Alienware, has anyone install ubuntu on the […]
Here are the aliases in question: alias update=’sudo apt-get update’ alias upgrade=’sudo apt-get upgrade’ alias upgrate=’sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade’ Here’s the output when I run update: [Wed Jul 08 20:47] gsw @ MacWoody:~ $ update [sudo] password for gsw: Hit:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease […]
When I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 it was working great, but then I accidentally booted to windows 10, and then it stopped working. I was wondering if there was a way to reset the adapter or device. I don’t fully understand what my options are. It says […]
I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 this is the configure: Operating System Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1909 (build 18363.900) Install Language: English (United States) System Locale: English (United States) Installed: 6/18/2020 12:39:21 Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with Secure Boot disabled System Model Dell Inc. […]
I have been checking some systemd-analyze outputs and I actually don’t have a crucial problem with my boot time but just wondering whether I can decrease it further. I’d like to mention that I’m using an SSD and Ubuntu is my only OS. systemd-analyze Startup finished in 5.450s (firmware) + […]
I have a laptop Thinkpad T520 with the dockstation Lenovo 4338-35 which has one USB 3.0 port (it’s blue, marked with SS). However, my Linux Mint 17.2 (based on Ubuntu 14.04) does not recognize it. $ lsusb -t /: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-pci/3p, 480M |__ Port 1: […]
In both images you see that the “start” button is disabled. How does one fix this bridge? The PulseAudio bridge displays the start button, but when clicked nothing happens. [email protected]:~$ ps aux | grep pulseaudio karl 1832 0.0 0.0 757252 10128 ? S<l 16:22 0:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio –start –log-target=syslog karl 3985 […]
I am developing a website for which I need users to login with their fingerprints. Hence, I recently acquired a fingerprint sensing device (Fingkey Hamster DX). But the problem is that I am not able to use the device in any software although drivers are installed as evident from this […]
In putty/cygwin my config is: select in console -> copies to clipboard right click -> pastes from clipboard. Was after a terminal in Linux which might provide me with both of these features? I haven’t been able to find one. Any help would be appreciated.
submitted by /u/Techbiason [link] [comments]
Thundercomm Launches 5G Development Kit – TurboX T55 DK Yahoo Philippines News
Hi, I’m curious just to know about you experience/favorite aspects of the different Ubuntu flavors, for me right now is MATE, but what do you guys think? hm. submitted by /u/Possession-Tasty [link] [comments]
I am looking for people to modify their ubuntu, add visual effects / automate functionalities, is there such a community? submitted by /u/JuniorMathDev [link] [comments]
Unpopular opinion, but people seem to think Manjaro Linux atleast on paper is better than Ubuntu, but honestly the thing I like about Ubuntu is that it just works out of the box. I have never seen it break and it generally has no problems. I have been using it […]
How do you disable automatic input volume adjustment? I’m trying to record audio, and I’m finding my input levels are constantly being thrown off because Gnome/PulseAudio/ALSA/something is automatically lowering my input volume when a peak is found. If I open the standard Gnome Sound Settings, and set the Input volume […]
Lenova model PF1CDYJP In this laptop while installing Ubuntu 18.04 along with Windows 10 after giving one partition root, the second partition when I select for home it is stuck, mouse pad is not working
I recently installed Ubuntu 20.04 on an Ideapad 3. As per title I can’t control the brightness in any way. Using the function keys to change it has the only effect of editing the “sys/class/backlight/ideapad/brightness” file but nothing changes on the screen. What I have tried so far is to […]
My question is about reinstalling Ubuntu 20.04. I lost folders and/or dpkg files, then I cannot install programs or update. I have Ubuntu 20.04, and I am trying to reinstall Ubuntu 20.04 because I don’t want to lose my data (note: I have no dual boot and not any Microsoft […]
Four Steps for your Journey towards Racial Reconciliation spokanefavs.com
Is there any difference between sed -n ‘1,2p;3q’ and sed -n ‘1,2p;2q’ I have a file with 3 lines: #comment 1 #comment 2 #comment 3 And I couldn’t notice any difference. Both printed out the first two lines only
I can’t adjust my screen brightness. Indeed, I can’t find this option in my system parameters. I am using Lubuntu 12.04. Thank you for your time 🙂
Sorry for the dumb question. Just installed a fresh Ubuntu 20.4 after a couple of years of not touching Linux. I thought I could just sudo apt-get install python3.7 but that doesn’t work. I’d love to be able to use apt-get to minimize the chances I fuck something up, can […]
My question is about REINSTALL ubuntu 20.04: I lost folders and/or dpkg files, then I cannot install programs or update. I have Ubuntu 20.04, and I am trying to REINSTALL ubuntu 20.04 cos i want not to lose my data (note: I have no dual boot and not microsoft OS). […]
Is there any difference between sed -n ‘1,2p;3q’ and sed -n ‘1,2p;2q’ I have a file with 3 lines: #comment 1 #comment 2 #comment 3 And I couldn’t notice any difference. Both printed out the first two lines only
Fractional scaling works fine on my dual monitor and can setup monitor location but when I logout (not even reset) I loose all the settings and it goes back to 100% and any icons move to the second monitor. Any ideas?
submitted by /u/JCLRystedt [link] [comments]
MDC HOOLIGANS EMBARRASSED KHUPE : SPOKESMAN NewsdzeZimbabwe
Hi im looking to dual boot ubuntu with windows soon and i want to make sure i dont destroy my laptop Any reccomendation for a good tutorial of every step to take? So for i think its clearing up space on my c drive with disk management flashing ubuntu on […]
Hello, I installed Ubuntu on my Pendrive. On one notebook (an older acer) Ubuntu runs when the Pendrive is plugged, while the newer notebook (HP Pavilion) it loads Windows instead. On both notebooks I set priority boot for USB drives in BIOS. Why it doesn’t work on HP? submitted by […]
I’m a total noob with Ubuntu installed on a partition on my mid-2009 Macbook as a dual-boot, no rEFInd, just booting in by holding down Option key and choosing EFI Boot when I want to. Some basic system stats: Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M GPU Broadcom Bluetooth Chipset RAM: 6 GB […]
My current Ubuntu has the following output from uname: 5.0.0-13-generic #14-Ubuntu What is the easiest way to upgrade to 5.0.0-38-generic? Note: I specifically want this patch version, not anything above or below. Is there a way to specifically choose this version?
I am trying to set up samba on my pi, but it fails due to unmet dependencies and outputs this. Output: [email protected]:~ $ sudo apt-get install samba samba-common-bin Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree Reading state information… Done You might want to run ‘apt –fix-broken install’ to correct these. […]
I wanted to fully unistall lutris , what I did is sudo apt remove lutris sudo apt autoremove sadly I found that there are 27 Giga still in the dir ( local ,share , lutris , runners , wine )
Ubuntu 18.04. Every time I run an apt-get upgrade cycle, a “Software Updater” GUI will pop up when it’s done. It doesn’t seem to add anything to the process and is annoying, so I want it to stop existing. How do I make it go away? I can’t find any […]
Ubuntu 18.04 Cinnamon. The Fn + s screenshot tool is filling my ~/Pictures/ folder with unnecessary screenshots from accidental keystrokes. How do I disable this permanently? The Menu > Keyboard dialog has a ‘Shortcuts’ tab, but neither ‘screenshot’ nor Fn + s appear in any of its options. This question […]
submitted by /u/throwaway059127315 [link] [comments]
Call for continental trucking association The Herald
submitted by /u/ickda [link] [comments]
I’m using ubuntu 18.04 MATE ASUS laptop. When trying to run Deja dup I received the following:- BackendException: Could not initialise backend: cannot import name Gio This is not the first back up I have made, can anyone help please.
I have been puzzled by this for some time, and keep wondering if I overlooked something simple. Consider a simple case of two Linux machines. To keep it simple, have both be the same distro and version. We can call “laptop” and “server”, but “local” and “remote” would work the […]
I’m trying to install an SDL library found here (https://altlinux.pkgs.org/sisyphus/classic-x86_64/libSDL2-2.0.12-alt2.x86_64.rpm.html). Per the instructions on the website I added two lines to my sources (/etc/apt/sources.list), but linux says that it cannot read the added lines that begin with ‘rpm’. How do I install this library? The instructions for installing the library, […]
I want to copy everything in root / to my external hard disk before I upgrade my OS so I’ll have everything just in case something goes wrong. Is the following the most appropriate command for it? [email protected]:/$ sudo cp -r . /media/username/TOSHIBA EXT/root_copy/
I have e.g. android studio which can be launched by typing studio.sh in this path: /home/USERNAME/Android/android-studio-AI-193.6/bin/studio.sh How can I create a directly clickable desktop shortcut/launcher for this application? Let’s go; Right click on the desktop >> Create New >> Blank File. Name of the File can be e.g. AndroidStudio.desktop (the […]
I am trying to create a countdown – most likely the hard way. I have it setup like this: #! /bin/bash #When to execute command execute=$(date +”%T” -d “22:30:00″) #Current time time=$(date +”%T”) #Subtract one from the other…. the below is line 11 math=$((“$execute”-“$time”)) #Repeat until time is 22:30:00 until […]
I have noticed that touchscreen doesn’t work in FireFox on Ubuntu 16 desktop (on a touchscreen laptop), which is a major bummer as I am a FireFox guy and the browser is 90% of what I use my personal computer for. Note that it works on non-linux FireFox and it […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 220.127.116.11-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 18.104.22.168
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- Google is teaming up with Ubuntu to bring Flutter apps to Linux – Android Police
- Google Teams Up With Canonical To Announce Linux Alpha For Flutter – Fossbytes
- South Africa: Community Health Care Workers Protest in Khayelitsha – AllAfrica.com
- Upgrade Ubuntu to latest version
- Can I install Visual Studio Code in Docker for security?
- Fails at Fixing Unmet Dependencies [migrated]
- How to fix update-initramfs and kernel in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?
- virtual monitor when using Nvidia graphics for VNC based second monitor [migrated]
- How to partition harddisk for Ubuntu 18.04
- xbacklight: No outputs have backlight property – No /sys/class/backlight folder
- Ubuntu Blog: MicroK8s HA tech preview is now available
- libtorrent (the engine that powers many of the most popular torrent clients including qBittorrent, Deluge, rTorrent, and many more) adds support for the WebTorrent protocol
- Is there a Linux+Android/OS integration app like Continuum for Windows?
- My Ubuntu 20.04 keeps freezing after logging in
- Configuration of Gaomon M106K (equal to Huion New 1060 Plus) in Ubuntu 20.04
- installer spending most of the time removing applications and libraries
- Remove a path in $PATH in Linux OS
- unable to upgrage the ubuntu from 19.04 to 20.04, while updating the package thr following error
- How do I open Hauppauge WinTV in ubuntu 18.04?
- The ability to control Spotify specific notifications from the Ubuntu 20.04 desktop’s notifications settings are missing
- Applications missing after “fsck”
- want to set up a dual boot
- XAMPP For Linux – PHP Version
- Cannot connect to WiFi on Ubuntu 14.04.5
- Webcam not found on Thinkpad E550 (ubuntu 14.04)
- virtualbox installlation requirement [duplicate]
- System installation is stalled on Compaq Presario R3000
- MicroK8s HA tech preview is now available
- The Beauty of Linux…literally
- GNOME is implementing several changes and updates on their Community and Subreddit
- The Linux kernel requires GCC 4.9. Why use such an old compiler for a modem kernel?
- Is Ubuntu/Kubuntu safe for online banking and shopping?
- Can I install a Visual Studio Code in the docker? – security
- Nautilus 18.04/20.04, hide specific drives in Other Locations
- Ubuntu LTS 20.04 – Desktop Shortcut for iPython Using Terminal
- Ubuntu 20.04 installer stuck at “running dpkg”
- How to diable left touchpad button but keep tap as click
- How to add .htaccess code to apache2.conf?
- NVIDIA X Server Settings Losing Pages
- Automatically turn on keyboard backlit on asus tuf505dt with ubuntu 20.04
- Is there any way to disable “Automatically connect to this network when available” permanently by default?
- Internal Mic not working as expected (audio captured at very low volume and slight static noise when moving slider rapidly)
- how to convert MIPS to C
- USB 3.0 and 3.1 are recognized as 2.0
- I made my own Linux Distro that I have been working on for a year and I want to publish it and let people try it. Is there a place we’re I can host it for people to try?
- Just by Plugging USB How to Create a Wi-Fi AP Protected by VPN (With RPi Zero W)
- Linux Operating System Market Innovative Strategy by 2028 | IBM, Ubuntu Linux, Linux Mint, Elementary OS, openSUSE, Fedora Linux, Arch Linux, Debian, Manjaro – 3rd Watch News
- Can I change the color of the mouse drag accent from blue to red?
- Password for update requirement?
- In ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS I can’t open the bios
- Can I install a package from a previous version or it will be problems?
- “Error processing package” – apt upgrade cannot run due to package configuration errors
- USB 3.0 port being seen as a USB 2.0 port
- We have to keep our ‘ubuntu’ going at all costs – The Citizen
- Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 fails on lsof
- Install ubuntu on alienware m15 r3
- Unsure if alias to combine sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade is working properly
- Can’t Turn Bluetooth On
- want to set up a duel boot
- How to decrease the boot time
- System recognizes my USB 3.0 port as USB 2.0 port
- Cadence can’t start ALSA -> PulseAudio -> Jack (Plugin) bridge
- fingerprint sensing device, driver installed, still not detected
- A terminal which provides select-to-copy and right-click-to-paste
- The Linux Commands Reference Cheat Sheet
- Thundercomm Launches 5G Development Kit – TurboX T55 DK – Yahoo Philippines News
- What’s your favorite FLAVOR of Ubuntu and why?
- Ubuntu subreddit personalizate
- Which distro would you pick??
- How to disable auto input volume adjustment in Sound Settings
- How can the issue of mouse pad stuck issue solved while installing Ubuntu 18.04 along with Windows 10 in lenova AMD A 6?
- brightness not working (Ideapad)
- Trouble reinstalling Ubuntu 20.04
- Four Steps for your Journey towards Racial Reconciliation – spokanefavs.com
- With sed what is difference between sed -n ‘1,2p;3q’ and sed -n ‘1,2p;2q’
- How to adjust brightness on Lubuntu?
- I need to use python 3.7 but Ubuntu 20.4 comes with 3.8 pre-installed – can I install it with apt-get alongside 3.8?
- Trouble reinstalling v.20.04
- sed difference between sed -n ‘1,2p;3q’ and sed -n ‘1,2p;2q’
- Fractional scaling resets after logout in 20.04
- You can use Nativefier to setup Reddit as a native app
- MDC HOOLIGANS EMBARRASSED KHUPE : SPOKESMAN – NewsdzeZimbabwe
- Dual booting steps
- My computer doesn’t run Ubuntu from Pendrive.
- Ubuntu 18.04 on Macbook hangs *EVERY time in desktop environment
- How do you upgrade the Linux kernel in an Ubuntu install from 5.0.0-xx to 5.0.0-yy?
- Fails at Fixing Unmet Dependencies
- Remove (Lutris)
- How to turn off Software Updater pop up notification?
- How do I disable screenshots with ‘fn+s’
- Huawei releases it’s own desktop PC with their own OS based on Linux and their own ARM CPU.
- Call for continental trucking association – The Herald
- printer canon tr4522 pixma, cant get it to work on my moms pcs. She is using ubuntu,’ last I checked it is the latest instance, need help
- Deja dup back up failed
- X11 Forwarding between two machines does *not* send launched app to client but launches on server
- added lines to /etc/apt/source.list that cannot be read
- Appropriate command to copy everything in root “/” to an external storage volume?
- How to make desktop shortcuts executable in Lubuntu 20.04?
- Subtracting dates formats in bash
- Ubuntu 16 and touchscreen scrolling in FireFox