I suddenly started having problems with Ubuntu 16.04 when waking up from sleep. The computer wakes up BUT the video does not. It takes several minutes before the monitor turns on. I know the computer is responding because I can enter my password without the screen being on and it […]
After trying to update my current edition through the terminal, I get these results among others: Ign:11 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates InRelease Err:13 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates Release 404 Not Found [IP: 220.127.116.11 80] E: The repository ‘http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates Release’ does not have a Release file.
You’re running Linux, but you also need to keep a Win10 VM around. It needs to be license-activated to remain useful. # strings /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM There’s your license as engraved in the motherboard. submitted by /u/vanillaknot [link] [comments]
Hi all, I have two video cards and I run a separate X screen on each. My main monitor is :1.0 and my side monitor is :1.1. The reason I do this is because I like to watch Twitch and other videos on the side monitor which is 60hz while […]
I have a dual boot system with windows 10 and ubuntu. My ubuntu 20.04 takes about 17 seconds to boot up. But I want to make it faster. Windows takes about 8-9 seconds (that maybe Because of fast startup). But I somehow feel ubuntu should boot a bit faster too. […]
Flameshot, powerful yet simple to use screenshot tool, released version 0.8.0 with new editing tools, improvements, and many fixes. Flameshot 0.8.0 added the popular requested circle counter tool. It added a button in left-side of screen to open the sidebar, which was previously only accessible by hitting Space on keyboard. […]
I recently purchased an HP Omen 15(R7 4800h + RTX 2060). When I installed ubuntu 20.04 I could not change the brightness and also the battery works only for 1-1.5 hours (but works for about 7-8 hours on windows). I tried various solutions for brightness adjustment but none of them […]
So I have 2 drives in my system. One running Windows 10 and one running Ubuntu 20.04. I have no problems with dual boot. My windows drive has been running out of space so I got a new hdd to install in my system. I installed it and in windows […]
I have a Raspberry Py 4 with Ubuntu Server 20.04. I want to setup a WiFi connection on it. I have two WiFi networks (2.4 ghz and 5 ghz), both are hidden and have WPA2-Personal setup. In my /etc/netpaln/50-cloud-init.yaml I have the following config: network: version: 2 ethernets: eth0: dhcp4: […]
I have a server connected directly to WAN cable and need to use several IPs over PPPOE protocol – I have different login and password for each IP from my ISP, so need seperate connection for each IP. Please advise how to configure it correctly. Server has one phisical network […]
I am new in using ubuntu and would like to know how I can install ESA SNAP toolbox in ubuntu 20.04?
I have installed LXQt on Ubuntu Server. I can connect to it with XRDP just fine. Then I tried to setup TigerVNC. This fails and results in a desktop that does not respond properly. For example, I cannot open the file manager but terminal opens fine. This is the xstartup […]
Trying to run rtklib on ubuntu 16.04.2 and getting this $ ./rtkplot_qt: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5WebEngineWidgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I’m guessing I need to install libqt5? If so how to install it can someone give me some instruction?
I have a Lenovo notebook with an Intel Core i5-4200U CPU and an Intel HD Graphics 4400 GPU. When an external monitor is plugged or unplugged, sometimes the system crashes. But it seems random for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. I have to press Ctrl + Alt + […]
I want to install redmine on my PC. I worked with tutorials from http://redmine.org/ to deploy redmine on my PC. After installing ruby, additional packages and redmine, I want to configure apache2 for redmine. But have an issue when accessing the app: Message from application: incompatible library version – /opt/redmine/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.3/gems/nokogiri-1.7.2/lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.so […]
I have an SSD which contains my windows and some programs, and my HDD which stores games. I want to install Ubuntu to the other drive, while keeping my games. 20.04
So I and my friend have a 32 core server but I don’t want him to use all 32 cores whenever he does -j$(nproc –all) I want to only give him 16 cores for usage or anoyher alternative is that even if I trigger my user tasks late they should […]
Can’t check it right now since there is no interim version available for download – the only option is 20.04 LTS. So, are the repositories for say 20.10 going to include beta versions of packages? Its release schedule page https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/groovy-gorilla-release-schedule/15531 does mention KDE Plasma 5.19 Beta and GNOME 3.37.90 (beta) […]
When running: google-chrome in the Terminal, I”m getting the following error message: [3103:3103:0920/114029.496629:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process. Despite the error message, the Google Chrome browser opens without any problems. What is the problem and what is the solution? OS Name: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS OS Mode: Live […]
I had been using Lubuntu for quite a long period of time. I am having a moderate hardware in my computer. The older versions of Lubuntu were just fine. But the latest 20.04.1 LTS seems to have some sort of a bug as may a times it goes into some […]
See Here So the above given screen is appearing , Ubuntu 18.04 not booting up properly. I have dual booted laptop. my windows is working fine. Any steps or suggestions how could I solve this problem and get back to my gui?
Software Updater is saying You stopped the check for updates. Context: I opened Software Updater app and there were some updates pending, so I clicked on ‘Install Now’. The Software Updater app looked like this after pressing ‘Install now’: I couldn’t understand if the updates were installing or not. I […]
I like to configure my Apache2 Webserver, so that by entering domain.com/xyz it shows index1.html and if I enter domain.com/zyx it shows index2.html. I do understand the basics of vHosts in Apache2 but I couldn’t figure out how to set up this use case. I would be thankful if anyone […]
I am using Ubuntu 18.04LTS, behind a proxy. This question was sparked by (but it is completely independent of) apt-get install behind proxy – Failed to fetch When I check the location of package yudit-common with apt install –print-uris (e.g.; actually, as a prerequisite for feh), I get http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/y/yudit/yudit-common_2.9.6-7_all.deb as […]
On most Ubunutus, VLC can be started from the gnome launcher(?) or by double-clicking on assiociated items in nemo or nautilus. I expect VLC to run; in the second case, I expect the file I clicked on to be played back. Since yesterday, this is no longer the case. Mostly, […]
Hello, I have Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and i needed to instal Windows 8.1 on it as well, so i did that. when i had Windows running i could not boot up Ubuntu any more. So i copied the windows partition on to my external hdd via windows 8.1 disk management […]
How can I capture and store the process ID of a nohup command that run in crontab? this is my cron 35 * * * * cd /home/ubuntu/aws/&&nohup python3 upload_s3.py >> output_upload_occ.txt Ideally, I want to know what is process ID given and store it for later analysis i.e nohup […]
enter image description here Bluetooth toggle does nothing. sudo bluetoothctl: Agent registered [bluetooth]# connect f No default controller available rfkill: ID TYPE DEVICE SOFT HARD 0 wlan phy0 unblocked unblocked 1 bluetooth hci0 unblocked unblocked sudo systemctl status bluetooth: ● bluetooth.service – Bluetooth service Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: […]
I’m on Ubuntu 20.04.1 with Gnome 3.36.3. I don’t know why, almost every time I hover with my mouse over the system tray icons, they will resize automatically to fit the tray. I believe this must be a Gnome Shell bug, but I don’t know how to fix it. Any […]
Lets say I have a binary file called file.dat that contains the data “James is a good boy”. Lets now say I want to insert the data ” not ” at the 8th index of file.dat, So that file.dat will be “James is not a good boy”. How do I […]
be patient with me :-), please, I’m not an english native speaker ad I’m a Linux & NUC newbie… In January I was able to set up a beautiful NUC8I3BEH, with Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS. It’s used as PLEX Server and ROON Server, nothing more, and everything was perfect, until I […]
I successfully installed a dual-boot (Ubuntu 18.04 and win10) on my notebook. Unfortunately I’m still new to the Linux world and my terminal skills and Linux knowledge are close to bad. But I’m willing to learn. My concern: Every time my machine restarts or I want to switch the OS […]
submitted by /u/mrbank0101 [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/wisdom_boy [link] [comments]
I am using Ubuntu 18.04LTS. This question was sparked by (but it is completely independent of) apt-get install behind proxy – Failed to fetch When I check the location of package yudit-common with apt install –print-uris (e.g.; actually, as a prerequisite for feh), I get http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/y/yudit/yudit-common_2.9.6-7_all.deb as the location in […]
I switched from Debian to Ubuntustudio (Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS) lately. On Debian I never had any issues with my LAN (PC -> Fritzbox Repeater) connection, but now on Ubunustudio sometimes sites load very slowly. This happens more often when I visit the site for the first time (e.g. looking something […]
I had windows 10 and in that touchpad used to get stuck after some time of using it and mouse also had glitches. Then I switched to Ubuntu18.04, but still touch pad and mouse stops working after some time of using it and I have to reboot it. This doesn’t […]
I have an NVidia graphics card in my PC with an HDMI port and the motherboard also comes with Intel graphics and has a built-in HDMI port for that. When I boot my PC it goes to the NVidia card. If I plug a monitor into the Intel HDMI port, […]
I have 2 samsung 840s in my computer, one boot and the other expanded storage but Ubuntu recognizes the second as a removable drive but I want them both to be recognised as internal drives, how do I get it to mount as an internal drive?
LinuxDevelopers – Community Italiana Ciao! Stiamo organizzando una community su Slack dedicata allo sviluppo Linux su piattaforme embedded e non! Entra nel workspace per trovare nuovi compagni sviluppatori e rimanere sempre aggiornato sulle ultime notizie.https://join.slack.com/t/linux-developers/shared_invite/zt-hctsrmhj-RpILrnqTUMeqx~7DFX4i1g submitted by /u/guerinoni [link] [comments]
i just installed ubuntu on this old hp elitebook with a touchscreen. Everything was fine until the mouse started acting very weird(it goes automatically to the left bottom corner of the screen).. also the trackpad wasn’t working before and after ubuntu so im just using a mouse now. please help […]
I have been living thru some mysql nightmares as of late. After upgrading to ubuntu 20.04 on my home server, I was unable to restart the mysql server. I looked in the log files and was getting a lot of InnoDB issues, and so I decided to completely purge mysql […]
I have some problem with my AMD RX 580 with ubuntu (kubuntu flavor, but I tried with a live cd of xubuntu and the exact same issue rise). First, my system is a dual boot windows / ubuntu. On windows, the AMD drivers are installed, the RX 580 performs just […]
I am experimenting with a boot setup for an external drive. Most of the time, the operation ends up including OSes from my SSD (which I don’t want) or messing the boot configuration of my internal SSD, which is an extra work. To be extra safe, I just want to […]
I have nvidia gtx1650 on my Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop and run Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. In additional drivers i have the following options: nvidia-driver-440-server nvidia-driver-440 nvidia-driver-435 When I use the nvidia-driver-440, the brightness doesn’t work, and the whole desktop environment is zoomed even though in settings the scaling is set […]
I was trying to install Ubuntu 20.04 of my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X my new mobo (chipset X570, Asrock Steel Legend in particular). The system hangs (become unresponsive with no feedback nor visible error) after a while. I tried certain configuration options on the BIOS without success, and have been […]
I recently downloaded the official desktop version of 20.04.1 and installed it on a machine. I was surprised to find that there was no gcc command available! I installed it with apt but I always thought that every flavour of Linux came with gcc straight out of the box. Has […]
I am using port 8088 for Janus server. I don’t want it to be accessible for everyone. I just want to allow the port which is hosted on same site or particular IP Is it possible to allow port for particular server or on same server and block for remaining […]
I have been sent a zipped folder spherevolve.tgz which contains a few .f90 codes, and three folders. I need to check it will run on my laptop for my masters project but I am very new to using fortran and Ubuntu. I am not sure if I need to run […]
When we click the system icons where network, sound, etc. are located. We get a pop-up like this:popup of system tray And it’s background is black in this picture, in some themes it is white. How to change this without changing the whole theme. Also, there is no options about […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- Fedora 31 Released
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 18.104.22.168-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 22.214.171.124
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia Linux Display Driver 64-bit 440.36
- Tag: Linux Operating System Market Growth – Verdant News
- E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/snaipewastaken/ppa/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file [duplicate]
- remmina no longer working “cannot connect to RDP server localhost”
- How to Install Windows Subsystem for Linux
- Trying to get into my Thinkpad X1 carbon gen 3 after a restart and my computer gets stuck on this screen. I have zero clue how to fix. Not very tech savvy please help
- screen terminates after a day
- Clean Ubuntu Installation from remote terminal on VPS
- specify install OS menuentry in linux kernel?
- Linux Experiences/Rants or Education/Certifications thread – September 21, 2020
- hplip-gui failing to install properly after not cleanly removing old hplip install
- How to capture a particular line from terminal output?
- Understanding memory management
- Intel wireless card doesn’t work on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Shuttleworth sees the Linux desktop living on with Ubuntu 19.10 – ZDNet
- Why do I get 4 options for Ubuntu at login? MATE, Ubuntu, Ubuntu on Wayland, UKUI
- Is there official documentation on directories like ~/.config and ~/.cache?
- Firefox Developer Edition only updates/runs on one account
- Kubuntu refuses to upgrade “E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/gezakovacs/ppa/ubuntu disco Release’ does not have a Release file.” [duplicate]
- Linux Commands frequently used by Sysadmins – Part 4
- sta.li – a static linux distribution
- RTX3080 TensorFlow and NAMD Performance on Linux (Preliminary)
- New Windows on Foxit reader on Ubuntu 18.04
- Rhythmbox and wav files
- Empty directory after creating a second mount point
- Accidently removed very important file of my project using command “cp” [duplicate]
- Android phone filesystem unmounts when I try tio transfer files to Ubuntu from SD Card
- Why does Windows have to installed first in a dual boot set up? [duplicate]
- 17.04 update login loop
- Pulseaudio process is not starting
- How do I fix a “Problem with MergeList” or “status file could not be parsed” error when trying to do an update?
- Trying to access Ubuntu files from Windows 10. Previously a dual boot drive
- Garuda Linux – a distro with all the modern bells and whistles
- Which driver would be for wireless
- Missing realtek wireless driver
- E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/snaipewastaken/ppa/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file
- extremely fishy memory usage, unaccounted memory usage (10 gigabytes) ubuntu 20 focal overnight
- Fingerprint reader on Ubuntu 20.04 at HP ENVY 17m-CG0013DX
- How to configure macOS-like text navigation shortcuts in ubuntu (delete word/line, move cursor by word/line)
- Im trying to install something help me
- What is the matter to delete these keys
- Ubuntu 20, touchpad flakey
- Shutdown staircase output fix
- Battlefield 4 On Linux | Ubuntu 20.04 | Steam Play
- How to use the Ubuntu logo as the Menu Icon in Ubuntu 20.04
- Ubuntu 20.04 installation is stuck at random times because of “frozen state error”
- Mouse can’t click after using certain programs
- Problem with SD Card Read-only
- Laptop mousepad buttons (right and left) stop working after installing Ubuntu (18.04)?
- Disconnected Ubuntu patch server
- VirtualBox error in Ubuntu 19.10
- Can I run Wallpaper Engine (from Steam) in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?
- Software Center not opening in Ubuntu GNOME
- Xubuntu 14.10 reboot problem
- Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa won’t start
- Nostalgia : 16 years ago, first release of Ubuntu, Warty Warthog
- Made the switch two months ago, tried it in a virtual machine and fell in love instantly, no more random freezes or blue screen, speakers are louder now and performance is better… black with red accent just like my smartphone.
- The Dev Behind a Hugely Popular GNOME Extension Just Quit
- 4th day of ubuntu 20.04, switched from windows 10 enterpise. I loved ubuntu 👍🏻
- ubuntu [panel?] is very slow and laggy
- The Dev Behind a Hugely Popular GNOME Extension Just Quit
- External display randomly decreases resolution after suspend.
- How can i delete read only files?
- Ubuntu18.04 ProtonDB, I can’t run Among Us (file Among Us.exe not found?)
- Grub rescue unknown file system error followed by another Error stating failed to isolate default target:Freezing Execution
- error in Wmap scan “Using code ‘404’ as not found.”
- System freezes, after reboot it stops recognizing NVMe drive completely from BIOS
- LPI Voucher – Essentials Exam Voucher for Sale
- Installing Cloudflare Origin CA certificate on Ubuntu 18.04
- On a MacBookAir second generation with Lubuntu 20.04, I get “Destination Host Unreachable” message when I ping my router, then temporarily transmit packages. Any idea on solving that? What could be wrong? Thx
- How do I remove desktop icons?
- Keep getting this error while trying to install Tor on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- what is pch_haswell-virtual-0
- windows taskbar “+number” equivalent for ubuntu
- Howw to delete recoverd files?
- Terminal how to exit configuring secure boot
- how add application on nvidia list to work with that ubuntu 20.04
- Permission denied when using the terminal to install a program located in the download folder
- On system start laptop run into tablet mode. How to turn off tablet mode?
- Removing the “Try Ubunut/Install It” Dialog from a Custom ISO on Ubuntu 18.04
- No WIFI adapter if going into Ubunto, before Windows10.
- Chrome or Chromium on ubuntu 18.04 which is better ?
- issues with login as a superuser
- How do I set up my fingerprint reader on Dell XPS13 after getting the drivers?
- ssh unable to connect from external
- always bybass password prompt
- Grub rescue after installing Ubuntu on separate drive
- Can’t run .desktop files
- Ubuntu 20.04 no sound/audio
- How to find architecture of my PC and Ubuntu?
- How do I check if I have a 32-bit or a 64-bit OS?
- cna’t run .desctop files
- Lubuntu 18.04 – dragging a Thunderbird email to the panel freezes the desktop, how to prevent?
- How to Configure and use Linux as a Router
- Laptop mousepad buttons (right and left) stop working after installing Ubuntu(18.04)?
- Help me installing a program
- Notebook Doesn’t Boot Sometimes
- Hardware Recommendation: Sound Card & Speakers
- Blank screen at boot after fresh install, UEFI
- Control use of second hard drive