I installed Viber from the downloaded viber.deb executables but it gets uninstalled when I do the next update. From reading other posts I know there is something screwed up here. I tried following other instruction but the result is the same- Ubuntu update removes Viber. Does anyone have a working […]
submitted by /u/leonerdo_ [link] [comments]
Maybe a dumb question, haven’t used Linux in a while but if I install an older version of Ubuntu, say 18.04 I think it is, will it then update after? Or do I have to download the newest version and install that? submitted by /u/chabozza [link] [comments]
i have installed putty on ubuntu 20.04 lts . but after entering ip address and click on open button it automatically putty will be closed. the error is “PuTTY: unable to load font “server:fixed”
sudo apt update Err:17 http://ppa.launchpad.net/leaeasy/dde/ubuntu focal Release 404 Not Found [IP: 2001:67c:1560:8008::15 80] Err:18 http://ppa.launchpad.net/mc3man/trusty-media/ubuntu focal Release 404 Not Found [IP: 2001:67c:1560:8008::15 80] Err:19 http://ppa.launchpad.net/mc3man/xerus-media/ubuntu focal Release 404 Not Found [IP: 2001:67c:1560:8008::15 80] Err:20 http://ppa.launchpad.net/petrakis/wdt-main/ubuntu focal Release 404 Not Found [IP: 2001:67c:1560:8008::15 80] Err:21 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu focal Release 404 Not Found […]
I’m trying to troubleshoot Fail2ban recognizing our http-get-dos trigger, but not actually banning the offending host. I can see it adding entries to iptables rules, but they don’t have any affect. So I tried to manually ban a host, and I cant get that to work either. I’m trying to […]
I am getting the following error but have no idea how to fix it ? I have tried downgrading drivers but did not work. Most solutions on the web involve putting a 32 bit driver but I already have one. I have the same problem when I run glxgears too. […]
My objective is to create a bootable Ubuntu system (full installation) on a LUKS-encrypted UBS drive. The version I am trying to install is Ubuntu 18.04 I followed this guide Full_Disk_Encryption_Howto_2019 , step by step without any error/warning. The installation drive I selected is a blank 64GB USB drive. After […]
submitted by /u/poloso1996 [link] [comments]
Help : Anybody knows good website to promote my own FOSS? Hi, I’m the developer of the Cypher Notepad. https://cyphernotepad.com/ I would like to promote my program and get some review post. In the case of Windows, There are some of website like Softpedia or majorgeeks. But cannot find […]
This guide will take you through the installation of the Apache webserver on Ubuntu 20.04. It includes managing the Apache2 services, open webserver port in the firewall, testing the Apache2 installation, and configuring a…
my older brother installed pop os / ubuntu on my laptop and it has corrupted and i can only use my laptop in recovery mode anyone know how to get back to windows or get a clean install because i have no clue what to do submitted by /u/L4G_Tickz [link] […]
I have 2 internal HDDs formatted in exFAT – fstab as below #INT-1TB-4K Internal HDD mount to /mnt/INT-1TB-4K UUID=0E7E-6579 /mnt/INT-1TB-4K exfat defaults, permissions 0 0 #INT-1TB-BAK Internal HDD mount to /mnt/INT-1TB-BAK UUID=3037-96B0 /mnt/INT-1TB-BAK exfat defaults, permissions 0 0 Running Ubuntu Server 20.04, for which kernel supports exFAT without the exfat-utils […]
I happen to be an old fuddy duddy who still rips CD’s (Thanks for not laughing out loud), when I went from Ubuntu 19. something to Ubuntu 20.04 both Ripper X and Asunder are unable to connect to the CD database and download any pertinent information. As best as I […]
I’m currently using as a graphics card and my HDMI and VGA output to my monitors are perfectly fine. These two ports detects upon wake but does not detect the DVI port. Every time I wake from suspend and wake, my third port from DVI does not detect the monitor. […]
I’m wondering if I could run Ubuntu on hp spectre x360 13t with a i7-1065g7 CPU, with 16gb of ram and a 1tb ssd
I install Ubuntu 20.04 on my ThinkPad E480,the was no windows on my notebook,but when I start my system,it always alert me ‘System boot order not found,Initializing defaults.Creating boot entry “boot0001” with label “ubuntu” for file “EFIubuntushimx64.efi”‘ Can you help me solving it?
I am looking for a tool that tells what keys (including Alt, Shift, Ctrl, etc) are pressed now. Need it to do a health-check on a possibly faulty keyboard.
I am trying to play around with some keyboard layouts in Ubuntu. Now there is a program called showkey which lets me see the keycode for any key pressed in the terminal. Is there any command to get the corresponding character for a specific keycode. For example when I type […]
I’m going to be giving a short “talk” about efficient note taking with LyX. As such it’ll be important to focus on keyboard shortcuts. Since people can’t see me type, however, I want a tool that displays keyboard combinations as I press them, like this: I’m sure I’ve read about […]
submitted by /u/Twiggy5471 [link] [comments]
Is GNOME or Unity the desktop for you? TechRepublic
Google testing native Steam client on Chromebooks powered by 10th generation Intel CPUs TalkAndroid
Linux Mint 20 isn’t exactly bursting with freshness but, hey, there’s kernel 5.4 and it’s a long-term support release LXer
submitted by /u/mustnap [link] [comments]
I’m new to Linux OS’s but would it be a good idea to put it on this device? I would like to start to know Ubuntu for programming. Just looking for feedback and help installing. I would like to try and keep the ability of the keyboard lighting but I […]
So I’ve installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on an old HP laptop. I’ve noticed an issue where I can’t connect to Wi-Fi without Ethernet. This also applies when booting by USB. Any help is appreciated, and I’m fairly new with this. Thanks! I’ll provide whatever information I can if asked. submitted […]
Here is my code and setup; (Python3) import rpy2 print(rpy2.version) The system replies 3.3.3 print(ro.r(“version”)) The system replies with … version.string R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22) nickname Taking Off Again datasets = importr(“datasets”) mtcars = datasets(‘mtcars’)[‘mtcars’] The error message TypeError Traceback (most recent call last) in —-> 1 mtcars = datasets(‘mtcars’)[‘mtcars’] […]
All, I’m trying to write a script that will create a folder, go into that folder, create another folder, go into that folder, download files, back out of that folder, create a new folder, go into that folder, download files, back out of that folder, back out of the folder […]
I have just switched to Ubuntu 18.04 (Feb ’20), so I’ve been working through the issues that are unfamiliar to me. While running a backup, I received “Could not back up the following files. Please make sure you are able to open them.” and the following: /home/owner/.dbus My previous backups […]
So I have these high bitrate 4k 60 videos (exported from davinci resolve) which lag and make the fans go crazy on my laptop while my android phone has no problem playing them without hiccups. I have tried different players including vlc and the default gnome player which performs the […]
I’m running Ubuntu 12.04 on Zotac ID84 sudo aplay -l: card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device […]
Talen Vision donates food hampers to players Chronicle
PowerEdge On specific static IP drops the whole network – Windows Server BleepingComputer
submitted by /u/PockoTV [link] [comments]
I am running Ubuntu MATE minimal and I cannot connect to any of the 3 networks I have. Any help or suggestions are useful. submitted by /u/27321 [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/PencilKio [link] [comments]
The keeps on fluctuating on it’s own, and it’s really frustrating because i have to work and it wastes much of my time,for example, the switch is on and all of a sudden it tells me that hardware disabled, then i turn it off and turn it on again and […]
I messed up my graphic driver after trying to install “AMDGPU-PRO” OpenCL following this tutorial (My Picture here) My center screen is Off and 2 other screens are mirror. Even when I uninstalled these drivers I’m still stuck with the same problem. I have “no additional driver available”, so how […]
ubuntu 18.04 connect to login screen over VNC (Seb’s guide) I followed above to enable x11vnc (for remote login) on 18.04 ubuntu, however copy and paste from window 10 to ubuntu 18.04 does not work (opposite works) I tried “autocutsel -fork” like below, but still not work. please advise. $ […]
I’m trying to thumbnail an entire image directory consisting of upwards of 100,000 files, a thousand per sub-directory, to minimize delays displaying the thumbnails for each directory. (Making it worse, some take quite some time to compute due to interspersed mp4 files which have been extracted from “picture with motion […]
While suspend works properly when running 20.04 off the liveimage, on the actual install, after installing hitting suspend or closing the laptop lid simply locks the screen rather than a full suspension. The fact that it breaks on installation but works on the liveimage is quite puzzling. Is there any […]
I’ve got a btrfs partition on a SSD drive. This partition is not mounted by default, it’s not root. It’s just a plain data partition which is mounted on demand. Nothing fancy. The btrfs partition was created by gparted. It’s recognized by the system. I can mount it. I can […]
I am a big fan of the Lubuntu Minimal Desktop from the mini.iso. For 18.04, it is still using LXDE, which I am grateful for. Does anyone know if this will change to LXQT beginning with 18.10, as is the plan with the main distro? Or, might it stay LXDE […]
I have made the background color in the top bar black and want the clock or time to show in white, so it shows on a black background. I assume it is some where in evolution but can not find it including in the ui files.
Would you like help changing the Ubuntu name of the LiveCD Launcher as well as all installer screens can someone help me?
submitted by /u/motang [link] [comments]
Fractional scaling is fucked on Ubuntu 20.04. I tried it on my laptop and on my desktop with dual monitors – when I try to set fractional scaling to something like 125% or 150% it just reverts back to 100% or 200%, sometimes freezing screen for a while. I’m on […]
Maybe some guru can help me figure this out because my google-fu is failing me. I’ve recently taken five laptops, all running Xubuntu 18.04, and reformatted + reinstalled to Xubuntu 20.04. Some of them have intel video, some nvidia. But they all exhibit one strange behavior. When opening the lid […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 126.96.36.199-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 188.8.131.52
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia Linux Display Driver 64-bit 440.36
- Calibre 4.4
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Laptop sleeps every 10 seconds
- Ubuntu installation not completing
- Grub install fatal error
- Need help with making the touchscreen work
- Cannot install ubuntu in any way
- Ubuntu 20 efi “can’t find command ‘hwmatch’ ” on boot
- How to keep other partitions?
- My ubuntu wifi has no internet after 2-3 min of connection?
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Dell XPS 15 9570: High package power consumption and high battery drain
- How to install PostgreSQL 9.5 in Ubuntu 18.04?
- How to Create Persistent USB Key with Ubuntu
- How to get translations on Launchpad for a custom program
- Lenovo goes all in for Linux, certifying Red Hat and Ubuntu for all its workstations – WRAL Tech Wire
- Performing Automated Server Installs With Ubuntu 20.04 LTS – phoronix.com
- Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Review: The Most Complete OS For Everyone – Fossbytes
- Grub not showing up after ubuntu server 20.04 fresh install
- Firefox & Thunderbird 2020 how to restore menu in the system default style: in menu bar or in window’s title bar? (Unity)
- Genymotion virtual device does not start
- Error in installing mysql workbench on ubuntu 20.20 from .deb file
- Does anyone install zoom conferencing client on Raspberry PI? [closed]
- SOLVED my laptop can’t make a wifi connection. Ubuntu 16.04.3
- How to assign more than 256MB of video memory in VirtualBox?
- Removing gvfsd-smb-browse
- Copy file to External Hard Disk
- When would yum be of use to an Ubuntu user?
- We only have each other – the psychology behind not wearing a mask – CapeTalk
- Install win 7 alongside ubuntu
- Is GNOME or Unity the desktop for you?
- Encrypt single file quickly and easily how?
- PASS_MIN_LEN missing from login.defs
- Scanner of Epson ET-2750 doesn’t work – “sane_start: Invalid argument” – Kubuntu 20.04
- How do I fix my login screen on Ubuntu 20.04?
- How big can my auth.log file get
- Multi touch gestures for Lubuntu are messed up
- how could i resolve this execution error?
- when i run sudo apt-get update i got this error
- Zoom Video conference on Pi 3 B+ [closed]
- Zoom on Ubuntu 17.10
- Zoom Conference (skype type of program) not working
- KDE Tip: A Treasure Trove of Desktop Effects
- Recognize external touchpad as “touchpad”
- Snaps either won’t open or show only rectangles
- Ubuntu restarts 3am everyday
- Show Raw Contents of update-alternatives
- how can users have their private ports?
- Copy directories and files of an Amiga iDE HDD
- Ubuntu 20 Kernel panic after moving and resizing root partition
- Dual-Boot with Win10 – Win Boot says ‘invalid EFI file path’ after restart
- Update to latest version of java after ppa is discontinued
- Change default gpu from intel to discrete AMD
- Custom DE. cairo-dock and Pcmanfm reset on logout?
- Ubuntu Live-CD can’t detect my HDD
- Demystifying Kubeflow pipelines: Data science workflows on Kubernetes – Part 1
- Foot note/ End note numbering in Bengali in Libreoffice
- Automatic screen lock on startup is blocked by an application
- xfce: gnome-keyring not unlocking passwords on login, “couldn’t access control socket”
- Chaining command when running bash script
- Ubuntu 18.04 /w Macbook Pro: Kworker keeps hogging up my CPU
- Ubuntu 16.04.3 “still” takes 1.5 minutes to boot after successful clone to SSD and with noatime and trim and AHCI boot?
- Bluetooth not discovering any devices – Dell XPS 13 (16.04)
- Wrong resolution, “Unknown monitor”, on Ubuntu 16.04
- Closing lid turns off external monitor on 16.04
- LXD profile. How could it be defined?
- Boot from USB, but run on auxiliary hard drive
- Full screen with gnome-player and VLC not working properly
- Introducing the PrivacyTools PeerTube Instance
- Linux Mint-derivative Korean distro HamoniKR OS (하모니카OS) is now an official Linux Mint sponsor (rough translation in comments)
- Rant on Windows and Linux
- Let’s rise together in the spirit of ubuntu: finalist – Independent Online
- Don’t find site-packages after PC formatting
- What is the state of aptX in Ubuntu 20?
- Running git buildpackage (cowbuilder) noninteractivly (avoid sudo prompt)
- Chaning command when running bash script
- Logrotate – Create mode in a separate file
- How can I get rid of choppy videos in the Focal Fossa 20.04
- Problem starting Gnome terminal
- PuTTY: unable to load font in ubuntu 20.04
- Can’t activate proprietary driver for NVIDIA from “Additional drivers” Ubuntu 14.04
- Raspberry Pi Vulkan, WSL2, Renoir, Linux 5.8 + PHP8 Was Exciting For June – Phoronix
- I always face this annoying error since my first days on Ubuntu (about 3 years ago) and it’s still there. How in the hell can I get rid of it and why is it still present?
- How can I solve choppy video in Kubuntu 20.04?
- KDE Neon VS Kubuntu
- Easy backup solutions like Veeam
- Choppy video in Kubuntu 20.04
- Why file transfer over ssh drops
- Ubuntu 20.04 sudden boot error
- Closed brackets [ ] are working everywhere except in Kile
- (Netbeans) java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://localhost/
- Cannot install libgles2-mesa-dev
- Keep Ubuntu Server running on a laptop with the lid closed?
- Boot drops to a (initramfs) prompts/busybox
- Ubuntu 20.10 Moving Ahead In Restricting Access To dmesg – Phoronix
- Fresh install, wont login on correct password alt F3 does this, stuck on login. (No wifi sometimes? Lol)
- What would you change/add to Ubuntu if your were the developers?
- Hardware support on amd’s ryzen based models
- How to select the gpg agent used for ssh and other things?
- Ubuntu directly booting into terminal on startup
- Error in Start Gnome-Terminal
- Snap store is not shown is application menu