This all started when I wanted to get rid of the title bar in Firefox. I looked up how to solve this and all the answers gave a simple solution along the lines of “check this box in your customization menu”. However, that box didn’t exist for me. Luckily, I […]
I have tried typing them without the characters and it failed and i have also tried to type it with those characters the both of them didn’t work
I am running on 20.04.1. I have a virtual machine installed using Oracle VirtualBox 6.12. The VM is also Ubuntu 20.04. The virtual machine networking type is bridged. When I try to access the virtual machine from Google Chrome or from Firefox on the host, I get a report of […]
I’m trying to run a file on linux and it keeps saying -bash: ./sidequest: Permission deniedwhat do i need to do to be able to run this file?
I’m new to Linux and learning everyday. How ever I sue my PC for streaming, so what I like to accomplish is that it wakes up on Lan. well that was easy. But now I like it to go to sleep when nobody is streaming from the PC. So datatraffic […]
So I have multiple versions of python, along with pycharm (community), anaconda, and jupyter notebook. I would like to remove and purge everything from my system except the default python that comes with ubuntu 18.04, and then reinstall Jupyter Notebook from scratch. I want to do this because I’m having […]
I installed some truetype fonts in following folder: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/bfonts Some softwares such as thunderbird detect my fonts and I can use them in those software’s, but LibreOffice does not detect newly installed fonts. I tried restarting LibreOffice and restarting Ubuntu as well, but no success. Any one could help me?
Hi all, I am in need of help with my Snapraid implementation. I moved from an old Drobo to a JBOD setup that has been extremely performant. I have been very happy with everything up until I tried to add Snapraid to my solution. Every time I try to run […]
Using 20.04 with GTX1070 on 65″ Haier TV. Never had this issue with 19, but i cant get the resolution to stay above 720p after logoff or reboot. Tried setting through nv-settings and OS settings with no luck. Need help! submitted by /u/PankoHabit [link] [comments]
Similar to the debian netinstall iso. Just install basic ubuntu os and than choose the desktop environment. submitted by /u/evolution800 [link] [comments]
Hi everyone. I recently dowload and setup ubuntu 20.04 on my laptop. I was a former windows user. I have a really big problem. When i press ? it writes x, when i press x it writes ñ How can i solve that ı’m having a bit trouble […]
I am trying to set up two computers to simply share files on my home wifi. It seems straight forward until it asks me to give a password to access a file. “Password required for share” When I give the only password I have used, it just repeats the request, […]
submitted by /u/rezdwan [link] [comments]
I have Acer Helios 300 laptop and 4k monitor via HDMI. Regardless of fraction scaling enabled or not, if I scale my 4k monitor to any %, the built-in display gets scaled as well (and vice versa). Settings are still showing 100% scale, but that’s not true. I know it’s […]
So I recently put Ubuntu on an old laptop to use as a hotspot and it manages to connect to my phone (and works perfectly) but not connect on my main pc (windows 10). Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? submitted by /u/GamerFan11204 [link] [comments]
when booting my computer it freezes at a screen with only the ubuntu logo with the dots underneath. after five-ish minutes the screen becomes a thing that looks similar to the terminal but none of my keys work, I can’t even get into the TTY’s, and the bottom-most line says […]
I want to do something where I animate my desktop background when the computer boots up. However, I can’t seem to find a way to make it run ONLY when I can see it running. When I put the script in init.d, it seems to work, but it runs before […]
Hey, guys! I need some help. I’m trying to increase the size of the icons in the desktop area of Ubuntu. Is that possible? Can you guys help me out? Thanks a lot! submitted by /u/caiovrlbento [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/RealSky4 [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/throwawaway__ [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/DD_Batman [link] [comments]
I have this executable: /opt/lampp/manager-linux-x64.run which needs to run as root. If I execute this with sudo /opt/lampp/manager-linux-x64.run then it works fine. I would like to add an entry to the application menu so that I can access this program without a terminal. In previous versions of Ubuntu I would […]
I can’t update for some reason. I keep getting an error each time sudo apt-get update. sudo apt-get update Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal InRelease [265 kB] Get:2 http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable InRelease [3,959 B] Get:3 https://packages.microsoft.com/ubuntu/20.04/prod focal InRelease [10.5 kB] Get:4 https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu focal InRelease [6,257 B] Get:5 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security InRelease [107 kB] Get:6 […]
I haven’t used this computer in a few weeks and the only operating system on it is Ubuntu. When I went to boot it up, I got past the dell logo and then this message appears: /dev/nvme0n1p2: recovering journal /dev/nvme0n1p2: clean, 453522/1559768 files, 111711786/62383360 blocks Once the message appears the […]
Running Ubuntu 18.04.5. I am trying to get the following bash terminal look 1 But when I add the github code to my .bashrc file, I get the following: 2 Do you know what packages I need to install, or what i’m missing that prevents me from getting the desired […]
submitted by /u/SuspiciousCupOfWater [link] [comments]
I’ve been trying to install Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 OS to my Raspberry Pi. I use a mobile broadband service and my iPhone/iPad as a hotspot to access the Internet. I’ve written the service name and password to the network-config file on the SD card, but when I insert the SD […]
I hope someome can help.not sure on preferred formatting, so I hope this is good. OS: Ubuntu 18.04 server Hardware: Intel NUC i3, plume WiFi Problem: I recently bought Intel 7260 WiFi module so I could move the NUC somewhere else at home. After some messing around I got it […]
I want to make the authentication window look the same as elementary os and want to modify the look of only the authentication window. I am using latest Kde Neon v20.04.
My story begins when I wanted to remove the title bar from Firefox. All the guides online say to go to menu>customize>remove title bar, but mine doesn’t have that option. In a Mozilla support forum, I read: Note that the Firefox version from the Ubuntu repositories that you appear to […]
I’m facing a problem with ubuntu, not able to ping an IP address from Ubuntu which I am able to ping from the windows command line. Please recommend how to resolve this connectivity issue.
After downloading and installing (./configure, make install) the latest wxWidgets-3.1.4 version from official page. I checked out latest Code::sBlocks with svn from official repository. In the folder trunk I did ./bootstrap, but then I get the following error: configure.ac:141: warning: macro ‘AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG’ not found in library configure.ac:142: warning: macro ‘AM_PATH_WXCONFIG’ […]
I have a python script that requires root privileges. I want it to be able to tell me when processes have finished using speech-dispatcher. import subprocess subprocess.call([‘spd-say’, ‘”your process has finished”‘]) Works great when run as a user. When I sudo python3 myScript.py, I get: Failed to connect to Speech […]
Whenever I copy-paste a file path I get this: x-special/nautilus-clipboard copy file://<file-path> instead of just <file-path>
So when I do: sudo apt-get install *Package* It says: dpkg: too many errors, stopping Errors were encountered while processing: resolvconf Processing was halted because there were too many errors. E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) When I try to see what the problem is I type: sudo […]
After i installed TeamViewer 8 on Ubuntu 12.10, i noticed a running process under the name of ‘teamviewerd’, more specifically: /opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/teamviewerd -f /opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/wine/bin/wineserver and it auto-reopens whenever i try to kill it and i wonder why this happens. Thanks in advance.
So it appears to be a recurring theme on my computer now. A couple of months back everything was normal, all the temps and ram usage. But recently I started getting more and more system freezes that I have no idea what caused it. I need to fix this asap […]
Hello guys, I am currently on ubuntu 18.04. I want to upgrade to the new 20.04, but my friends say that I have to format my PC, isn’t there an easier way to just upgrade the OS without losing data? submitted by /u/mahmoud10896 [link] [comments]
I downloaded discord with package installer and when i run it the whole laptop freezes submitted by /u/KriykoBq [link] [comments]
I was wondering if it was possible to reduce the power limits for the discrete graphics card in ubuntu. I’m aware of greenwithenvy and I am currently trying to get it to work, but the overclocking options and power slider are greyed out. Just for reference I have the MSI […]
Hi, did anyone managed to sync ubuntu with onedrive for free ? I found many options on google but I guess none is guaranteed submitted by /u/CFDjedi [link] [comments]
I have 2 SSDs One has a Windows 10 installed on already. The second one is the one I’m gonna install Kubuntu on. But in Partitioning window there is an option to chose where to install the bootloader. I want a unique screen to chose Win10 or Kubuntu instead of […]
I added myself to the audio group but still cannot get any audio out of the speakers. I’ve tried most every suggestion to no avail, updates, etc. I double checked all applications controlling audio and none were muted. I’m running a two year old OMEN laptop by HP. Audio/sound works […]
sorry to bother, i tryed to search in everywhere, but i cannot find a way to work, i have a webcam multichannel with microphone, but only the camera appears, the microphone doesn’t work, i tried install a lot of audio applications, but no sucess, i tried pulse audio, use guvscviewl, […]
When trying to add the contents of my OpenVPN file in the network manager I get this
submitted by /u/leftover_27 [link] [comments]
Visual Studio Code IDE 1.49 was released a few days ago. Here’s how to install it in Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 18.04. Visual Studio Code 1.49 release highlights include: Format modified text – Limit formatting to just the code you’ve changed. Add support for changing text casing during global Search and […]
For unfathomable reasons, the Touchpad and Keyboard of my MacBook Pro Retina early 2015 stopped working on MacOs Catalina. Using an external keyboard/mouse, I erased the internal disk and installed Kali. The (internal) Touchpad and Keyboard work perfectly in Kali. However, when starting the machine, the (internal) keyboard and mouse […]
Im, trying to build a container and need to install java8. all instructions are in the Dockerfile. System is 16.04.07 LTS. Error shows it’s trying to download for focal release and I just don’t get why [email protected]:~$ cat /etc/os-release NAME=”Ubuntu” VERSION=”16.04.7 LTS (Xenial Xerus)” ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian PRETTY_NAME=”Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS” VERSION_ID=”16.04″ […]
I am on Ubuntu 20.04 and /dev/log is missing and creates issues when trying to use openvpn: logger: socket /dev/log: No such file or directory Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory What package(s) can I install to fix the problem? > lsb_release -a Distributor ID: Ubuntu […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 126.96.36.199-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 188.8.131.52
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia Linux Display Driver 64-bit 440.36
- Calibre 4.4
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Emacs 27.1 available in kelleyk/emacs PPA
- windows break while trying to install ubuntu
- Unable to unbind [Super]+[1..9] in Ubuntu 20.04
- Canon MP210 printer: cannot install driver on Ubuntu 20.04
- How do I append data to a binary file with an hex editor?
- Why is the Certbot version in Ubuntu 20.04’s reps so old?
- When I update my machine I get ‘Release does not have a Release file’ error
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS – Bose QuietComfort 35 ii
- Free, mostly private, and cloud-based journaling
- Microsoft Submits Linux Kernel Patches to Make Linux Run as Root Partition on Hyper-V
- I tried to install my wifi drivers for my MacBook by mounting the iso as a cd image and this is what came up? Can someone tell me how to install the drivers for wifi?
- when i update my machine i get following error
- Ubuntu 20.04 boots to black screen
- Unable to find the Windows “Desktop” folder from within WSL
- Does not show Wifi networks [closed]
- A lot of buffers are being dropped
- pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks Ubuntu 15.10
- Problem in VMware Installation(12.04 LTS)
- What are some tablets that can run Ubuntu? [closed]
- Why can’t other machines connect to my ad-hoc wireless network?
- Anyone on here have the lines
- Lenovo Yoga 730(15) Kubuntu 20.04, Nvidia-450 drivers. This happens when I close the lid and open it back up. Any idea how to fix this? -thanks
- How do I get rid of ALT+Tab and get back to the regular minimized windows?
- Computer won’t power off
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS won’t detect second monitor
- How to change font display size?
- How do I get a sensors output in conky?
- Where’s the Yelp For Open-source Tools?
- VAAPI, Chromium, Intel GPU & Ubuntu 20.04 – anyone got this to work?
- I can’t seem to get my startup script running
- Just installed Ubuntu 20.04 – Not being able to connect to Wifi
- Ubuntu doesn’t work bluetooth USB DONGLE 5.0 (Version 5.48) 0a12:0001
- Can’t upgrade from 19.04 to 20.04 [duplicate]
- How to setup VPN with Pre-Shared-Key
- Main sound device disappears after resuming from sleep mode
- Unable to open AVI file
- File Sharing/Syncing between dual boot windows and Ubuntu
- scanning failure with HP DeskJet F2410 on Ubuntu 20.04
- Fonts in 20.04 have grown bigger
- How would I install / use my specific TpLink Realtek USB Wireless Adapter into Ubuntu 20.04 LTS without internet connection?
- Canon Pixma MG2550S “usb usb1-port1: unable to enumerate USB device”
- Unable to find the Desktop on my laptop
- Start the first terminal from tmux
- main sound device disappear after sleep mode
- Install Ubuntu 14.04 to replace 12.10, as dual boot with Windows.
- Remove Leading or Trailing Space(s) in File or Folder Names
- Closest alternative to Times New Roman
- simple wine issue [duplicate]
- How to install the google play lens on 13.04
- Literally impossible to install Ubuntu on Win8 laptop [duplicate]
- Why is the libre software movement in most of Asia not a thing?
- Gnome on a external monitor on the Pinephone PMOS edition
- NVIDIA GeForce Now quietly starts working on Linux as the Avengers come to play – Best gaming pro
- Celluloid (formerly GNOME MPV) 0.20 Released! How to Install
- Command sudo nautilus : is it safe to run in Ubuntu / Kubuntu 20.04
- Dell T3610 raided disks wont boot. Ubuntu desktop 20.02
- Inbound traffic through router timing out when using multiple NIC
- Switching to Windows [duplicate]
- Cannot Install nor remove from ubuntu 16.04.7
- Install Windows after Ubuntu in a different drive
- How do I update PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6 to latest version?
- user in plugdev group; are your udev rules wrong or error: insufficient permissions for device: udev requires plugdev group membership?
- Keyboard shortcut equivalent to right-clicking
- How to install & configure Lighttpd web server on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS – H2S Media
- How to install WordPress on Lighttpd web server- Ubuntu 20.04/18.04 – H2S Media
- E-mail notification for new network connections
- not authorized to perform operation
- How do I fix “Activation of network connection failed”?
- Japanese input suddenly broken
- Does Ubuntu installer preserve btrfs @home subvolume while installing / to the @ subvolume on the same parttion?
- Start a Xenial lxc container on a Trusty machine
- Opera will not play Twitter videos (and others)
- Record a program’s output with PulseAudio
- LFScm – Linux From SCM. A Linux From Scratch derivative for software developers which also happens to be dirt simple to build.
- Samba – Continue Listening On Network Interface Even When Disconnected
- Highlight mouse cursor in screen cast; but at pointing only
- JAVA_PATH vanishes once I close the terminal
- How give a specific to a command and call it by its name later
- After formatting USB-thumb-drive, neither ‘GParted nor ‘Disks’ detect it
- Does Ubuntu have an alternative to Windows File Protection?
- How to copy and paste text from Windows notepad to Nano editor running in Ubuntu( running in VMWare Workstation Player )
- A script to move floating windows to screen corners.
- Cannot access to shared SMB disk ask for domain password
- Potato PC help
- Is a safe way to remove GNOME classic meta-packages and keep Ubuntu’s GNOME meta-packages in Ubuntu 20.04.1?
- How to update from PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6, to latest version?
- How to update PHP version, 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6 to latest version?
- Why does my find command is executed two times
- Close icon is missing for all windows
- Keyboard shortcut for ls command?
- Communicating between a screen and a script
- I am unable to connect to wifi
- LibreOffice Calc not opening on Ubuntu 20.04 [duplicate]
- Get a list of network manager network connections with Bash?
- Printer not using full page width
- Trying to instal steam games into his other hard drive but not being recognized when we try to change it in settings.
- Logic of dualboot
- Unable to install encfs
- Setting Brave / Chrome Workspaces Permission Issue
- Overriding DSDT with rEFInd (Enabling S3 in ACPI)