I am planning to switch to Ubuntu from Android. I need PUBG Mobile in my phone, is it possible to install PUBG Mobile? I can play PUBG Mobile in Android with 3 gb ram. Is it possible to install it on Ubuntu Touch Mobile OS and play it with 3 […]
I run Kubuntu 20.04 LTS. My problem is that Nvidia X server settings won’t save my configuration. I tryed for a long time to make it save, but I couldn’t figure out why it won’t. I’ve found many people with this same problem, but I couldn’t find a solution. I […]
I installed Ubuntu Server 18.04 in my Raspberry Pi 3B Plus. I configured everything and successfully log in to my account via SSH Private Key on ethernet. However, when it comes to wireless connection, PuTTY stucks while connection time out appears. Configuration was done here: /etc/ssh/sshd_config Everything seems pretty well. […]
I’m using an ASUS laptop and running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS from an SSD. With Windows, I can press F4 and F5 to adjust the brightness, but it’s not possible while running Ubuntu. Keyboard shortcuts from settings doesn’t allow me to set brightness shortcuts. Is there a way? Someone mentioned this: […]
This is a step by step beginner guide shows how to share a folder over local network via SMB/CIFS protocol in Ubuntu 20.04 Gnome desktop. Share a folder in Ubuntu 20.04: 1.) First open terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T on keyboard. When it opens, install samba, SMB/CIFS file, print, and login […]
I have a code that uses tensorflow1.4 and python<3.8 but it doesn’t run even when I installed python3.7 I still have an issue to install TensorFlow 1.4 on it What should I do?
Is there any fix for blurry wallpapers? My wallpapers appear blurred and zoomed when I use them. I’m on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, GNOME version 3.36.2. Here is the screenshot of my desktop: Here is the original wallpaper: How do I fix this so that it’s just its normal size and […]
After I login in Ubuntu 16.04, it redirects to the above screen and then again back to the login screen. The last commands I ran were sudo apt-get install python3 and sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
Heyo, title explains itself. I’m just wondering of the advantages/disadvantages of either, security benefits to either, etc. I’m currently looking at Ubuntu and Manjaro, but if you got any others you like feel free to hit me up with them! submitted by /u/h_wittenborn [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/Varghesebinoy [link] [comments]
On Ubuntu 20.04, when I select multiple files on Desktop and move them (either moving icons around on desktop, or moving multiple files to Trash), only the item over which mouse is residing gets moved, the rest are left behind. As a result, I am unable to do multi-icon mouse […]
There is an electron app I want to run in a remote machine, and it works through an ssh -X connection. The thing is that I would like that application to continue running even after I close the connection, and be able to resume it’s execution at a later point. […]
I am using Beaglebone Black and I want to assign it a static IP address. I have gone through this tutorial and I know how to assign static IP. But question is, what is meant by these parameters; iface enp0s25 inet static address 192.168.0.11 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.0.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255 […]
I have to manually start ibus each time I have to boot in to my kubuntu. I have tried several methods including adding the ibus-daemon into my start up application. I also followed this links. How to add iBus to start up applications? I have also included these lines in […]
I need help I have a problem with hosting on Ubuntu and Apache2 for months I have been trying to host my website on my pc but I have not found any guide, i have removed apache2 and packages and reinstalled but nothing. I also thought i needed the Server […]
I have a hard drive which recently died, instead of paying for a new copy of Windows I went with an Ubuntu distribution. I’ve been trying to run a couple different .exe files through WINE, which hasn’t been working. I figured I could try a fresh reinstall of wine and […]
I’m dual-booting with Windows 10, and it sets WBM(“OS Boot Manager” in the menu.) above grub. I want to have it boot grub. HP Sleekbook Pavillion. EDIT: UEFI on both OSes.
Is there a setting inside Ubuntu Default PDF viewer (evince) or Okular to disable embedded script execution in PDF files ? It is a really important setting, that adds an extra security measure against PDF-Malware (e.g Pidief), thus in my opinion a must-have of every modern PDF-viewer. If these PDF […]
Simple question but hard answer, i searched around in Google a solution to make a dynamic widget to control and see the volume with Awesome Window manager but i can’t find a working solution. Any one got a solution to this ?
Hey new to Linux here and I am getting a error E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/nathan-renniewaldock/flux/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file. N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely and is therefore disabled by default. N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details. […]
(noob warning) I am on Ubuntu 18.04 and I wanted to upgrade to 20.04. So I looked up how to do it and I found out you could use the sudo do-release-upgrade -d command. So I updated all my installed packages and then used the command previously stated. But after […]
I am facing login loop problem and also incorrect login problem with the terminal in Ubuntu 18.4. When I tried to log in using the terminal, it shows incorrect login. But both username and password are correct.
Everything was working fine until I decided to shutdown my laptop. On booting the system again, the login screen for Ubuntu comes up like usual. I type my password and hit ENTER. Then, the login window disappears,and the screen turns purple and the mouse becomes unresponsive and everything gets frozen. […]
I have bought a new SATA SSD for my old Dell inspiron N4050 laptop. I have replaced the Hardrive with the SSD. Now when I’m trying to install windows 10 on the SSD from the bootable PD(refer pic1.) it doesn’t show anything and gives a blank screen(refer pic2.), after that […]
I’m looking for a free web hosting control panel, that allows customers to manage their website: ftp accounts, e-mail addresses; and running on Ubuntu Server 20.04. What do you recommend?
I upgraded to 20.04 form 19.10 and on the desktop screen the pointer is tailed by square shaped illustrations the illustrations goes after very quickly .The problem is only encountred on the desktop screen . As soon as I to take screen short of this, the tail dissappears. enter image […]
I have a DELL Inspiron 5520 laptop with 2 graphic cards, the first is Intel HD 4000 and the discrete is AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series. I want to install Lubuntu 20.04 on this laptop but after i install Lubuntu 20.04 and complete the required updates, how can i make […]
I am using ibus-avro in Ubuntu 20.04, it is working fine most of the time but stops working after typing sometimes. For example, I am translating on Weblate, after some time it is showing the hint in Bengali but the text typed is in English. The issue persists systemwide, does […]
I was looking for some viewers that can handle displaying both pictures and PDFs (ideally, PPTs, but I reckon that’s asking too much), with transitions (fade in, fade out, etc). On top of that, I needed a CLI interface (not GUI). Any suggestions? Edit: Ideally I was looking for a […]
submitted by /u/prokoudine [link] [comments]
Just installed 20.04 on my old desktop and initially the display was about 100 pixels too far left, cutting off the dock. I changed the refresh rate and autoadjusted the monitor which lines the top left and bottom left, but there’s a big gap on the right. I’ll include a […]
Firefox stopped working the other day and I can’t get it to work again. When I try to run in, it just hangs there, CPU goes to 100% (according to “top”) and it will shortly ask me if I want to keep waiting or force quit (waiting does nothing). I […]
Ubuntu desktop 20.04 with dual boot on Dell Inspiron 5548 laptop I can’t turn on wifi and in wifi settings it indicates no wifi device was found. Inspiron-5548:~$ lspci | grep Wireless 03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 83) Inspiron-5548:~$ iwconfig enp2s0 no wireless extensions. wlp3s0 IEEE 802.11 […]
There is something very wrong with my 160G SSD. It shows up as a 8MB drive in fdisk: Disk /dev/sda: 8 MB, 8388608 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1 cylinders, total 16384 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 […]
My Linux system is Ubuntu Kylin, a new official flavor of Ubuntu spreading mainly in China. I have changed some files, such as wireless.22.h, ifrename.c and iwlib.h, in wireless_tools.29/ which is located in Android4.0 root directory. Then I followed these steps: $ cd ~/Android4.0 $ su $[key](change to root) root# […]
What software can I use to take screenshots with a set interval? I’d like to take screenshots every 2 second or so. Command-line and GUI are both ok. I’d prefer software that can also resize and compress each screenshot.
Um episódio equilibrado pelo desequilíbrio natural a que os 2 oradores de serviço vos têm habituado. A caminho do centésimo eopisódiom, deleitem-se com mais esta aventura do PUP. Já sabem: oiçam, subscrevam e partilhem! Librebox https://www.humblebundle.com/books/technology-essentials-for-business-manning-publications-books?partner=PUP https://www.humblebundle.com/books/circuits-electronics-morgan-claypool-books?partner=PUP Apoios Podem apoiar o podcast usando os links de afiliados do Humble Bundle, […]
Hello, everyone, i am currently using a software raid level 1 (mdadm) with two hard drives on my ARM64 Ubuntu server. Since I would like to encrypt this with LUKS, the question arises how to do this best. Can I take a hard disk out of the array, create a […]
submitted by /u/hseagle2015 [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/strzibny [link] [comments]
This morning I attempted to update my Ubuntu 20.04 installation and received this message: Err:13 http://ppa.launchpad.net/jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer/ubuntu focal Release 404 Not Found [IP: 220.127.116.11 80] Indeed, http://ppa.launchpad.net/jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer/ubuntu no longer exists. I updated my system yesterday without issue so this has happened in the last 24 hours. Is anyone aware of what […]
submitted by /u/djorphix [link] [comments]
For many years I have used under windows audition 1.5 because allow me to load on multitrack video (mkv) and audio on a separate track, so I can do visual sync with video by cutting audio parts from the track.. there is some similar software under ubuntu? thanks! I’m using […]
Recently, my computer crashed, I could not do anything and decided to restart it through a physical button on my computer. If, when you turn on the GRUB bootloader, choose the usual boot ubuntu, then I see only a black screen. I changed the boot options, removed the graphical display, […]
I have upgraded Ubuntu 19.10 to 20.04 and since then, it is significantly taking a long time (about 2 minutes to boot up). Yet, systemd-analyze shows that it only took 1 minute to boot up: Startup finished in 22.428s (kernel) + 1min 3.775s (userspace) = 1min 26.203s graphical.target reached after […]
Hello to the community, I’d like to create sub menus and add menu items to the Plasma start menu via bash skripts. My intention is to have the same start menu and sub menu structure on all my physical and virtual machines without having to use the menu editor. So […]
In my ubuntu 19.10 , unable to find sharing option under settings. Hence unable to enable media sharing
I am reading some files for a library I plan on using and the files are of extension ‘.texi’ and although I can open the files in gedit, all the syntax and markups make it difficult to read. Also, I cant use the embedded links within the document. Is there […]
When I try to install Steam (on Ubuntu 13.04) from the Software Center, it asks for payment details even though it is free. Can I install it without a credit card ?
I think my gnome-panel is messed up because I alt+right click it and nothing pops up. I’m on 12.04, classic gnome desktop. so I used locate and found gnome-panel in .gconf somewhere, how do I clear just gnome-panel’s settings so that I can add things to my panel again? edit: […]
Cloud Computing – Consultancy – Development – Hosting – APIs – Legacy Systems
X-ITM Technology helps our customers across the entire enterprise technology stack with differentiated industry solutions. We modernize IT, optimize data architectures, and make everything secure, scalable and orchestrated across public, private and hybrid clouds.
The enterprise technology stack includes ITO; Cloud and Security Services; Applications and Industry IP; Data, Analytics and Engineering Services; and Advisory.
Watch an animation of X-ITM‘s Enterprise Technology Stack
We combine years of experience running mission-critical systems with the latest digital innovations to deliver better business outcomes and new levels of performance, competitiveness and experiences for our customers and their stakeholders.
X-ITM invests in three key drivers of growth: People, Customers and Operational Execution.
The company’s global scale, talent and innovation platforms serve 6,000 private and public-sector clients in 70 countries.
X-ITM’s extensive partner network helps drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. The company has established more than 200 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell Technologies, Google Cloud, HCL, HP, HPE, IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP, ServiceNow and VMware
- How to read .xml to output an specific number?
- Ubuntu 19.10 Live USB Issues on Mac (Stuck on Loading Screen)
- What are your favorite software packages that give functionality to the OS?
- TIMESHIFT : Backup And Restore Ubuntu Linux
- Terminal emulator with shortcut to switch to latest tab
- System76 Will Start Designing And Building Its Own Linux Laptops Beginning January 2020
- Sudo Vulnerability
- Multiple operating systems on a single memory card
- Fedora 31 Released
- openSUSE OBS Can Now Build Windows WSL Images
- Explore Fyne, a GUI framework for Go
- Animate drawings with Pencil2D
- An FSF-certified list of Linux-compatible hardware that respects your freedom & privacy!
- I’m making an open source search engine called Liberch. It used DuckDuckGo to find sites, but uses its own ranking algorithm and becomes less reliant on DDG over time.
- GNU Readline Library cheatsheet for VI+Emacs Editing Modes
- Glimpse 0.1.0 Release Notes (GIMP fork)
- Build & Maintain Help Across Desktops
- Why don’t Debian/Ubuntu default to debdelta?
- mangl v1.0 – graphical man page viewer
- Linux flash based malware infects victims via an unknown vector
- Linux Academy Black Friday sale is ON!
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- This is where an intel HD630 will beat an nVidia RTX2080
- Plasma Mobile weekly update: Phone calls work in progress on PinePhone, Application updates
- The Librem 5 has been “shipping” for a month—but not to backers | Arstechnica
- PrivateInternetAccess, a privacy-focused VPN provider, and huge contributor to many open-source projects (KDE, Blender, GNOME, Krita, freenode…) is merging with Kape, a company well known for exploiting user data and distributing deceiptive, privacy-threatening software.
- Weekend Fluff / Linux in the Wild Thread – November 22, 2019
- Weekly Questions and Hardware Thread – November 20, 2019
- Android-x86 8.1-r3 / 9.0 RC1
- xfsprogs 5.3.0
- Wine 4.20
- Oracle Linux 8.1 / 7.7
- Orca 3.34.1
- Kodi 18.5
- darktable 2.6.3 / 3.0.0 RC1
- FileZilla 3.45.1 / 3.46.0 RC1
- Debian Live MATE 10.2
- Debian Live Cinnamon 10.2
- Debian Live Xfce 10.2
- Skolelinux 10.2
- Slax 9.11.0 / 10.2.0 Beta 1
- Debian Installer 10.2
- Debian Live LXDE 10.2
- Debian Live LXQt 10.2
- Debian Live GNOME 10.2
- Debian Live KDE 10.2
- Debian GNU/Linux 10.2
- Lollypop 1.2.13
- ImageMagick 18.104.22.168-1
- DBeaver 6.2.5
- HP Linux Imaging and Printing 3.19.11
- Vala 0.46.5
- Rescatux 0.30.2 / 0.72 Beta 4
- TigerVNC 1.10.0
- IPFire 2.21 Core 138
- Chromium 78.0.3904.108
- Snd 19.9
- Openfire 4.4.4
- RAR 5.71 / 5.80 Beta 4
- SmartGit/Hg 19.1.4 / 19.2 Preview 4
- ExLight Linux Live DVD 191120
- Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108 / 79.0.3945.45 Beta / 80.0.3970.5 Dev
- SystemTap 4.2
- man-pages 5.04
- Gambas 3 3.14.2
- PHP 7.3.12 / 7.4.0 RC6
- gThumb 3.8.2
- Krita 4.2.7 / 4.2.8 Beta
- Zorin OS Educational Lite 15
- Zorin OS Lite 15
- KiCad EDA 5.1.5
- QEMU 4.1.1
- OSMC (formerly RaspBMC) 2019.11-1
- EasyNAS 0.8.0 / 1.0.0 Alpha 3
- Endless OS 3.7.4
- GLib2 2.62.3
- Gedit Plugins 3.34.1
- Pardus Linux 19.1
- Clonezilla LiveCD 2.6.5-1
- Linux Kernel 5.3.12 / 5.4 RC8
- FreeNAS 11.2 Update 7 / 11.3 Beta 1
- BIND 9.15.6
- Container Linux by CoreOS 2247.7.0
- Opera 65.0.3467.48 / 66.0.3511.0 Dev
- Accerciser 3.34.2
- Gedit 3.34.1
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.47 / 9.0.29
- youtube-dl 2019.11.22
- OpenRA 20191117
- SmartOS 20191121
- Blender 2.81
- Tcl/Tk 8.6.10
- QCad 22.214.171.124
- The Mesa 3D Graphics Library 19.2.6 / 19.3 RC4
- Evolution EWS 3.34.2
- Evolution Data Server 3.34.2
- Evolution 3.35.2
- Evolution 3.34.2
- Nvidia Solaris Display Driver 440.36
- Nvidia FreeBSD Display Driver 440.36
- 0bda:f179 driver not working in ubuntu 19.10
- Some domain / address downloads a lot of data
- How do I fix my partitions
- scp: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/ozone/bin/linux/libnspr4.so: file too short lost connection
- NVMe SSD slow write speed
- Do I need to upgrade RAM from 4GB to 8GB for Android development?
- How does Linux’s display work?
- Looking for a WM to protect an app from closing
- Top 3 Open-Source Cross-Distribution Package Management Systems for Linux
- What are the 1×1 pixel windows are for?
- What is the best way to redirect user’s home directory to a file server?
- How to correctly get command output while using Command Applet in MATE?
- FileZilla is failing to transfer a single file over local FTP in Ubuntu, however, Nautilus transfers it
- How to open an app through the terminal without rendering that terminal window useless for other commands? [duplicate]
- List of libraries like libpcap
- SCRCPY is connected but when iam playing videos in my mobile then the video is shown but the sound is not coming..
- Permission denied error while using wget
- Open new Chrome window with different profile from command line
- Apache2.4 re-installation error
- Optimizing 4GB RAM for Android development using Android Studio 4 on Linux
- In Kubuntu 20.04, some applications do not use the global menu
- What does it mean to have Strong Bash, Python scripting skill?
- ¿En peligro el Software Libre y GNU/Linux con lo promulgado en México?
- Drivers for Logitech Keyboard G19
- Cannot install Ubuntu 20.04 on Mac mini 2020
- why a modules is loaded into kernel even if the config option is m
- Disable touch screen Ubuntu 20.04 Huawei matebook pro
- Unity editor rendering issue
- LXD profile. How could it be defined? [SOLVED]
- David Tomaschik: Security 101: Encryption, Hashing, and Encoding
- Linux Experiences/Rants or Education/Certifications thread – July 06, 2020
- Help configuring a Linux server node
- Port not accessible outside of server
- How to upgrade to Ubuntu Rolling Rhino
- COMMENT: Long live the spirit of Father Zimbabwe – The Zimbabwe Daily
- Linux goodness 😎
- [rant] Why does it take 4 clicks to Shutdown Ubuntu through the GUI?
- When im clicking the option try ubuntu from live usb , the screen is getting freezed and after sometime its showing the error in the image given below.
- High computer case temperature
- Is it possible to retrieve a password stored in OpenVPN?
- Sound stopped working on both 18.04 and 20.04
- Ubuntu Video player doesn’t stream videos from YouTube
- Alternate OS: Minix, anyone? On nine 5 1/4 floppies.
- Are linux distros being compromised ???
- Is it possible to disable this animation when I click on the dock to open an application?
- Ubuntu backpack factory
- Can anyone guide me?
- Ubuntu 20.04 and Killer WIFI 6 AX 1650 problems
- Ubuntu for windows recovery troubles
- Trouble making windows 10 virtualbox
- Invoke Bash console from windows subsytem for linux (Windos
- Not printing section symbol after keyboard layout change
- Get the filename from a path in a Bash
- Why do I get hundreds of errors when running ‘yarn start’
- Configuring Polkit to allow complete control remotely
- Nvidia X Server Settings is not saving the settings
- Ubuntu 20.04 with the hardy heron wallpaper looks awesome
- Chrome Dark Mode Bug? 20.04
- Do we need seahorse? What is its purpose? Can I uninstall it?
- How to open an app through the terminal without rendering that terminal window useless for other commands?
- Luks partiton on usb-cant remove
- No wifi network connectivity even tho dhcp has leased me an ip. Help!
- Yoga Laptop – Autodisable Keyboard when screen folded back to use as tablet? (Help with possible fix)
- How to open newsboat feed in browser [closed]
- How to enable nodmodeset with mkusb
- How can I share images on Facebook via default image viewer
- How can I print four copies of single image on a sheet of paper, one in each corner?
- Shotwell remembers old image names – how to I get it to use the new names instead?
- How To Create A Bootable Linux Installation USB And Install A Distribution – Balena Etcher ⁄ Ubuntu
- Pi4 8gb 20.04 polkit remoting in via RDP
- When I go to hit show applications, it’s like it errors out and crashes, nothing is displayed. Is there something I can re-install to fix this issue?
- Program opens in another display
- Touchpad acting weird
- Audio not working on Ubuntu 20.04
- Which filetypes does tracker support when indexing file content?
- Cannot install anything from Ubuntu Software
- Linux has achieved an all-time high marketshare
- Linux has achieved an all-time highest marketshare
- Laptop/Linux Recommendations
- PulseEffects – Quiet Film Profile for Evenings
- Early impressions of Mint 20
- I installed Kubuntu 20 a few weeks ago and want to change to stock ubuntu. How do I do that without losing all my data? I just want to use GDM3, Gnome, and see “ubuntu” instead of “kubuntu” when booting.
- just installed on helios 300. low sound
- How to boot uefi Ubuntu in 2nd HDD on legacy BIOS?
- How do I fix this while booting and installing Ubuntu? Someone please help.
- Re: [PATCH] CodingStyle: Inclusive Terminology
- Wifi Adapter doesn’t work in 20.04
- Problem with Wi-Fi, Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 not showing wireless connection while connected
- X Server segfault when starting after updating from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to 20.04 LTS
- Fresh Ubuntu Installation Freezing When I Start Up My Computer Windows 10
- Ubuntu partitions (/, /home & swap) are showing under a Windows extended partition? And, how to use the existing /home partition?
- Lightdm not starting on boot
- deja dup, duplicity and google
- Cannot remove “empty directories” from my external hard drive after rsync fail
- Ubuntu Linux Proxy Server for a network of Windows 10 and imac pcs i
- Cannot install anything from the Ubuntu Software Center
- Login Problems using x11vnc over ssh on 20.04
- How to fix non-working apt upgrade
- Troubles with libpng12.so.0 – no version information available?